Thread: Heat, Bulls, Suns

Heat, Bulls, Suns

A challenging week for the Bucks. The top 2 teams in the East and the top overall team in the NBA.

In the East, only 6 games (loss column) separate the #7 seed from the #1 seed. 20 games left in the regular season, with the Bucks 4 games back (loss column) of the top spot.

Reading and listening to comments from the players, they mention that it is "go time". It will be interesting to see when Brook starts participating in 5-on-5. Pat should be back in 2 weeks or so, Hill still out.

This should be an interesting week.

Crazy last 5 minutes in that Heat game last night, and a darn good win.

If Brook is going to play, he needs to get into some games pretty soon. I really hope he makes it back and can contribute.

At this point I think you want to stay out of that 1 or 2 seed, as the way it looks you would end up with Brooklyn in round 1 of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Crazy last 5 minutes in that Heat game last night, and a darn good win.

If Brook is going to play, he needs to get into some games pretty soon. I really hope he makes it back and can contribute.

At this point I think you want to stay out of that 1 or 2 seed, as the way it looks you would end up with Brooklyn in round 1 of the playoffs.
    Maybe the best game of the season Goose. I DVR'd the MU game and watched it as soon as the Bucks game was over.....it was that good. Playoff intensity from both teams.

The Bucks were down 14 with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Spoelstra runs a nice offense with great player movement (using Adebayo as a screen/hand-off) setting up their shooters. They also develop players nicely (i.e. Gabe Vincent).

Miami shot 47.7% (21-44) from beyond the arc (Herro 6-10, Robinson 5-7, Vincent 5-11) but the Bucks still found a way to win. Miami is certainly a threat in the East, but not a lot of guys that can individually break you down. It truly is the offensive system in Miami.

The East is so bunched up, much improved from last season, a 3-game losing streak could see you slip 4 spots in the playoff standings.

Philly is playing well with Harden, Durant returns for Brooklyn tonight against Miami. Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Toronto are all good and won't be an easy out. In the East, quite frankly, the dog days of the regular season are over. Teams are going to be fighting for position over the remaining weeks with less than 20 games left. Yeah, keep an eye on Brooklyn, but I would suspect they make a run and move up the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Maybe the best game of the season Goose. I DVR'd the MU game and watched it as soon as the Bucks game was over.....it was that good. Playoff intensity from both teams.

The Bucks were down 14 with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Spoelstra runs a nice offense with great player movement (using Adebayo as a screen/hand-off) setting up their shooters. They also develop players nicely (i.e. Gabe Vincent).

Miami shot 47.7% (21-44) from beyond the arc (Herro 6-10, Robinson 5-7, Vincent 5-11) but the Bucks still found a way to win. Miami is certainly a threat in the East, but not a lot of guys that can individually break you down. It truly is the offensive system in Miami.

The East is so bunched up, much improved from last season, a 3-game losing streak could see you slip 4 spots in the playoff standings.

Philly is playing well with Harden, Durant returns for Brooklyn tonight against Miami. Chicago, Cleveland, Boston, Toronto are all good and won't be an easy out. In the East, quite frankly, the dog days of the regular season are over. Teams are going to be fighting for position over the remaining weeks with less than 20 games left. Yeah, keep an eye on Brooklyn, but I would suspect they make a run and move up the standings.
    Great point, any 3 game winning or losing streak could really change a teams playoff positioning.
    I too recorded MU and watched the Bucks.

19 games left for the Bucks, was really hoping that Lopez would be able to play in 10 to 15 of those games to get into the rotation and feel comfortable. Not sure when he comes back.

Well, Heat, Bulls, Suns and the Bucks come out of that 3-0.

Still a tough remaining schedule for the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Well, Heat, Bulls, Suns and the Bucks come out of that 3-0.

Still a tough remaining schedule for the Bucks.
    Yes, a great week for the Bucks. 4-0 if you include the Hornets win. Middleton, still so good with 44 (only 30 still) and Holiday as well. Ibaka had his best showing as a Buck (14 and 10).

Thought I heard Brook Lopez is about to begin partaking in 5-on-5.

Bucks have a lot of road games to close out the regular season, but I really like the way they are playing. They have turned it up coming out of the All-Star break.