Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majerus stepping down

Majerus stepping down

For health reasons. Goodman tweeted heart issues.

Time for Rick to hang up the whistle, take care of himself and try to enjoy retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Time for Rick to hang up the whistle, take care of himself and try to enjoy retirement.
    Rick did an excellent job as an announcer and I would welcome him back in the booth if his health allows.

ESPN says that its only for one season at this time and that Jim Crews is taking over for 2012-13.

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    ESPN says that its only for one season at this time and that Jim Crews is taking over for 2012-13.
    What else would they say? SLU is under the 8 ball to hire a permanent replacement for Majerus at this time of the year. Crews is an interim, but I would be shocked to see Majerus back on the sidelines. This allows some continuity in the program right now and a full, thorough search after the season.

Good luck to St. Louis and their "continuity". It'll be impossible to successfully recruit kids who don't know who the head coach is going to be in the future for SLU.

Rick steps down...MU has a spot on its bench...coincidence??

That would be interesting. Don't see it happening, but that would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ge1974 View Post
    Good luck to St. Louis and their "continuity". It'll be impossible to successfully recruit kids who don't know who the head coach is going to be in the future for SLU.
    It is a horrible situation for SLU. Their only hope is to salvage something. Rick's timing cripples SLU even moreso than it did when he left MU. MU had time to find a coach, SLU does not.

Either way, I do not expect Rick back on the SLU sidelines in a year.

Sad news to hear. He just has to lose a little weight and get his health in order. He is a hell of a coach and its clear that SLU has turned the corner. Bad timing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast