Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline - 2/10

Suns possess the best record in the NBA and have won 14 of their last 15 games. Coming off two road wins against two of the better teams in the East (@Chicago and @Philly).

It is only one regular season game, but both teams should have everyone available (exception Brook Lopez). Hopefully a good one.

And here we go......

Bucks acquire Serge Ibaka and second round picks. DiVincenzo to Sacramento. Hood and Ojeleye to the Clippers.

https://www.nba.com/news/pistons-buc...aka-divincenzo

I have always liked Ibaka. He is 32 and not quite what he once was......but 6'10", strong with a long wingspan will help against players in the East like Adebayo, OG Anunoby, Jarret Allen, Marvin Bagley, Embiid, etc. He also has some ability to stretch the floor.

DiVincenzo, a fan of his since the Villanova days, but this makes sense from a roster composition standpoint. Allen and Connaughton are both playing really well and have been healthy/available. DiVincenzo has had nagging injuries. The East is better and some of the playoff teams have good length (Miami, Cleveland, Toronto).

I think this was a good move, add two second round picks as well and unload 2 guys who weren't contributing anything (Hood and Ojeleye).

More length for an ascending Toronto team:

Ibaka seems to have always been a Bucks killer, and with Lopez and injury uncertainty, probably a good move, but giving up DiVencenzo seems like a lot to me.

Always been a fan of DiVencenzo, but with Connaughton, Allen, Wes, etc, we are in good shape there so I can see why he was expendable.

Hood and Ojele never seemed to get footing in MKE, so no problem on those guys.

I like that the Bucks aren't standing pat and are looking to really make a run at back to back titles.

Possibility that Dragic will be bought out by the Spurs.

Interested teams might then include Chicago, Dallas, Clippers and the Bucks. Would be a better option than Hill.

It happened...

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Possibility that Dragic will be bought out by the Spurs.

Interested teams might then include Chicago, Dallas, Clippers and the Bucks. Would be a better option than Hill.
    That would really be interesting.

After making a three player for one trade to get Ibaka, and assuming Monroe will be done after the 10 day contract, we will have open roster spots for bought out players such as Dragic.

I'm sure joining the defending champs, who actually look better if Lopez can come back, will be enticing.

Does Harden get moved to Philly? Does Simmons on the Nets actually make them better (only one ball and he doesn't want it).

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    That would really be interesting.

After making a three player for one trade to get Ibaka, and assuming Monroe will be done after the 10 day contract, we will have open roster spots for bought out players such as Dragic.

I'm sure joining the defending champs, who actually look better if Lopez can come back, will be enticing.

Does Harden get moved to Philly? Does Simmons on the Nets actually make them better (only one ball and he doesn't want it).
    It happened Goose. I am not a Harden fan, Seth Curry is a nice pickup for Brooklyn as a shooter.

I don't think this makes either team better than the Bucks, but we'll see. Simmons will help Brooklyn's defense, but certainly has offensive shortcomings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast