Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline - 2/10

Trade Deadline - 2/10

Only 29 games left in the regular season with the Bucks about to begin a 4-game West Coast trip (@Portland, @Clippers, @Lakers and @Suns). A lot of rumors that the Bucks are looking to acquire another center with the uncertainty surrounding Brook Lopez. Bucks are publicly stating that they are confident Lopez returns, I hope he does. Just wonder if this will turn out to be similar to David Bakhtiari.

Regardless, some names that are being rumored:

Daniel Theis (Houston)

Jalen Smith (Phoenix)

Richaun Holmes (Sacramento)

Mo Bamba (Orlando)

Montrezl Harrell (Washington)

Defensive Wings with size being rumored (PJ Tucker role):

Robert Covington (Portland)

Thaddeus Young (San Antonio)

Very nice to see Khris Middleton get his 3rd All-Star selection by the league's coaches. He deserves it.

IMO, Holiday is an All-Star as well, quite possibly the best 2-way PG in the NBA (already 1st-Team All-NBA Defense). If he played on a poor team, he could put up bigger numbers offensively. Love his size and ability to finish with his off-hand in the lane. Plays bigger when the stage is bigger (Game 5 of NBA Finals in Phoenix).

Bucks with some big wins on the west coast.

Looks like they may be getting into a good groove. Hard to play intense for a full season after such a short off season.

Nets are a mess right now, and ot only with injuries but also seems like there is poor chemistry in that building.
    To me, the Nets are the biggest threat in the East. I actually think the Nets would be better with Simmons in the place of Harden. There is only one ball, and it should mostly be in KD's hand (once healthy).

Agree with you on the Nets Goose. They have lost 8 in a row without Durant. Some want Harden traded (others Irving). Yet if they have all three, probably the toughest test in the East. At least offensively. Cleveland is looking surprisingly good with length (Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley and Kevin Love) and just acquired Caris LeVert for practically nothing (Ricky Rubio). Darius Garland is an All-Star and Cedi Osman is a great shooter. Miami always gives the Bucks fits with Bam, Jimmy, Lowry and Herro is playing very well (exception being last season's playoffs). Chicago is good but not good enough to take down Milwaukee IMO. Toronto is another team that gives the Bucks some problems with their length.

With the Greg Monroe 10-day contract, I wonder if the plan is to just have stop-gaps at the center position until Lopez returns. He is supposedly getting a follow up review by his doctor in LA. I hope he would be able to return sometime in March, get some game action in before the playoffs start mid-April.

Best game this week is the Finals rematch with the Suns on Thursday. They currently hold the best record in the league.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 02-07-2022 at 10:43 AM.

I wondered the same as you MUFAN when they let Cousins go. Just get placeholders to help out until Lopez returns. Monroe will be fine, and will probably get a second 10 day contract after the all star break while the Bucks figure out what to do.

Would be great to see Lopez start to get worked back into games in March. In the event that Lopez may not be at full strength, the Bucks may want to consider someone like Cousins or Monroe for playoff depth if they think they would be of benefit for a matchup against a team or two.

East won't be easy, but I think we prevail over a young Cleveland / Chicago team. You are right with Miami, they worry me as the Bucks do have trouble with that matchup.

Sounds kinda crazy, but I'd rather see them go get some size on the wing than another big.

From a trade standpoint, I'm sure they would be fine moving on from Ojeleye or Hood, but I'm guessing there is not much value there.

DiVincenzo has some value, so it would be interesting to see if the Bucks would part with him. I'd think Nwora might have some value too, but he is a restricted free agent I think.

Possible DiVincenzo for Grant Williams of the Celtics.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/lis...ennis-to-cavs/

Could he serve in that position Tucker did last season, but as a younger and better shooting version?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Possible DiVincenzo for Grant Williams of the Celtics.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/lis...ennis-to-cavs/

Could he serve in that position Tucker did last season, but as a younger and better shooting version?
    I am a DiVincenzo fan, but that wouldn't be a bad move. Williams is shooting 43% on 173 3-point attempts this season. Bigger and more physicality than Donte. I do think DiVincenzo will round into form as the season rolls along. Question is.....are Allen, Connaughton and Divincenzo too much of the same type of player (basically the same size, although each is slightly better in different areas)

Hill, Ojeleye, Hood, DiVincenzo and Nwora are probably the pieces you would be willing to move. Sounds like there is league-wide interest in DiVincenzo (only 25 and has proven himself). I thought there would be more interest in Nwora, teams thinking he would be better if given more consistent minutes, etc.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 02-08-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast