Thread: Bucks vs Warriors

Bucks vs Warriors

Looking forward to this matchup tonight. No Jrue Holiday (ankle) or George Hill, but most everyone else is playing, including Klay Thompson (although rumors he will sit against either the Bucks or Bulls). I would think they would want Klay against the defending NBA champions.

Midseason reports from nba.com:

https://www.nba.com/news/midseason-r...erence-2021-22

https://www.nba.com/news/midseason-r...erence-2021-22

I too was looking forward to that game MUFan2003, but was not expecting that game.

The Bucks looked like they wanted to give GS something to think about should they meet in the finals.
    When the Bucks hit 3's, they are not going to be stopped.

A lot of MKE and MU references - Juan Anderson, Wes and Looney who played high school ball in MKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    A lot of MKE and MU references - Juan Anderson, Wes and Looney who played high school ball in MKE.
    Jordan Poole as well.

Imagine the reaction to the inconsistency this year, had they not won it last season. That Toronto game Saturday would have driven me nuts.

Now, we're all just hoping they stay healthy and get a top 3 spot.

Toronto is now 3-0 against the Bucks this season, they were pounding their chests and letting the Bucks hear it. That being said, one of those wins was without Giannis and the other win was without Jrue.

I do believe teams like Miami and Toronto can give the Bucks some fits with their athletic length (Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, Pascal Siakam, OG Anunoby, etc), but when the Bucks are 100% healthy and dialed in, I believe they take care of both (especially Toronto with ease). With all of Toronto's chirping......there is a reason they missed the playoffs last season and are only 2 games above .500 this season.

Giannis looked like he wanted to prove he could beat Toronto playing his old style, going 100mph downhill from the top of the key. The Bucks changed up how they used Giannis last season (low post, wide post and free throw area), and it paid off with a championship. Bucks just looked lazy (being a regular season game) in letting Giannis just revert to his old style.....which is when other teams deploy the wall.

As a sidenote, love seeing Giannis shoot 17-17 from the FT line along with a one-bounce, quicker free throw routine this season.