Thread: Demarcus Cousins

Demarcus Cousins

I had not really kept track of his status coming into this season. Not a bad option to just be able to add to your team in the course of a season.

Only 31 and gives you another big body around the basket who can space the floor a bit with some craftiness to his game. His athleticism appears to be gone, but will help until Brook returns and who knows after that.

Even if Lopez was playing, this would have been a great add. With Lopez out, we have center depth so no need to rush him back.

I saw him get stuffed yesterday, and it was apparent that his hops aren't there as you indicated.

Great depth on this Bucks team, and Cousins along with Lopez will really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Even if Lopez was playing, this would have been a great add. With Lopez out, we have center depth so no need to rush him back.

I saw him get stuffed yesterday, and it was apparent that his hops aren't there as you indicated.

Great depth on this Bucks team, and Cousins along with Lopez will really help.
    Yes, good point. I also think this coaching staff has proven, for the most part, to get the most out of players.

When Lopez gets back, a lot of different options with Portis, Cousins and Lopez. Last night was encouraging, even if only one game.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Yes, good point. I also think this coaching staff has proven, for the most part, to get the most out of players.

When Lopez gets back, a lot of different options with Portis, Cousins and Lopez. Last night was encouraging, even if only one game.
    Lopez had back surgery today. Hopefully it was one that he can recover from relatively quickly.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...31164958236673

A bit surprised the Bucks are waiving Cousins. He was playing fairly well. Granted, it makes sense if they simply don't want his contract guaranteed.

Feb 8 is the trade deadline, does Horst have any trade scenarios in the works and needs the roster flexibility? Confident in Lopez's return in March or April? Was it anything with DeMarcus' attitude in the locker room or being a bit of a liability defensively? Interesting move.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 01-06-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Really shocked by that one. From all accounts he seemed to be fine here and understood his place / role.

I too thought he was playing well. Provided what we needed now, and solid depth even when Lopez comes back.
    Must be somebody else they have their eye on.

Connaughton, DiVincenzo and Nwora will all be due for new contracts. Whether it be unrestricted or restricted, I doubt they can keep everyone given the fact Grayson Allen signed an extension the first week of the season as well.

A lot of guys in similar roles, albeit they all bring something a little different to the table (i.e. DiVincenzo's defense and rebounding). It does make you wonder if they will attempt to move one of those pieces.

Names like Myles Turner are thrown around, not sure if that is really practical with what the Bucks would have to give up. This will be interesting to follow, and could be good if it simply means Lopez is ahead of schedule.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 01-06-2022 at 08:07 PM.