Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grayson Allen Extension

Grayson Allen Extension

Clearly the Bucks are excited about what he can bring to the team. 2 Years and up to $20 million:

I hope this doesn't affect DiVincenzo's tenure in Milwaukee, at least for this season. Let Donte take his time returning and he will only add more depth come playoff time. The Bucks' bench became too thin last season.....the deeper they advanced in the playoffs.

https://gspn.substack.com/p/news-gra...grees-to-a-two

Thought that was a big contract for Allen, but based on what others in the draft class received (granted many are stars) I guess the amount is ok.

Might be protection for Donte leaving, although I think we have his rights for next season. Connaughton is also signed through next year I believe, but that might be a player option.

Need 3 point shooting, and I think Allen is more than just a 3 point shooter. Good signing.

I think the Suns are in a very tough spot with Ayton. He is a very good player, but no where near a max salary kind of player, and that is what he is expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Thought that was a big contract for Allen, but based on what others in the draft class received (granted many are stars) I guess the amount is ok.

Might be protection for Donte leaving, although I think we have his rights for next season. Connaughton is also signed through next year I believe, but that might be a player option.

Need 3 point shooting, and I think Allen is more than just a 3 point shooter. Good signing.
    Connaughton has a player option for 22-23, DiVincenzo will be a Restricted Free Agent if the Bucks make the Qualifying Offer. I like Donte, hope he stays, but always have to do what is best/smart from a basketball standpoint. If Donte returns and has a great season, it will be hard to keep him. At the same time, it might mean he helped you win another championship.

I agree that Allen was a good signing.....having him under contract through 2024 really solidifies, what looks to be, the intended nucleus of this team:

Holiday: Player Option for 24-25
    Middleton: Player Option for 23-24
    Giannis: Player Option for 25-26
    Lopez: Signed through 22-23

Allen looked like a good fit for the team last night.

It was fun to watch the Bucks again, I will say that. I think it will be another fun year to watch this team.

No DiVincenzo, Portis, Ojeleye, Hood. Jrue misses the second half. Bud ran out some weird-ass lineups. And they completely destroyed Brooklyn.

There was a confidence and looseness the Bucks played with that was palpable. Grayson has a dream job- find space and get a ton of open threes with a perpetual green light.

The Nets have some frontcourt issues. Claxton isn't quite ready, and the vets all looked OLD last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Allen looked like a good fit for the team last night.

It was fun to watch the Bucks again, I will say that. I think it will be another fun year to watch this team.
    That was fun Goose.....and glad I was able to catch the ring and banner ceremony. Very cool.

No Portis, Hood, Ojeleye or DiVincenzo and they still looked very good. Love the addition of Allen and adding Nwora to the rotation. They look to be deeper and they just might be better (barring injury......knock on wood).

Paying Nwora is also something the Bucks have to keep in mind. He was a 2nd round pick and appears to only be signed through this season.

Another intriguing matchup (@Miami) this week to start off the season.

Not a bad ring:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast