Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grayson Allen Extension

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    No DiVincenzo, Portis, Ojeleye, Hood. Jrue misses the second half. Bud ran out some weird-ass lineups. And they completely destroyed Brooklyn.

There was a confidence and looseness the Bucks played with that was palpable. Grayson has a dream job- find space and get a ton of open threes with a perpetual green light.

The Nets have some frontcourt issues. Claxton isn't quite ready, and the vets all looked OLD last night.
    Good points. The Bucks didn't look rusty or that their egos will get in the way after winning a championship. They look to be all business and that they want more. I think Giannis is responsible for setting that tone.

I never thought Milwaukee would be blessed like this with a true franchise player, only 26, with a shot at multiple titles.

Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap.......these guys just look old. All great players at one time but not sure it makes Brooklyn better. A similar question/issue for the Lakers outside LeBron/Davis/Westbrook. Patty Mills was a very nice pickup for Brooklyn. It is only game 1, but the Bucks just look to be deeper........and most of the Bucks' depth is young.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good points. The Bucks didn't look rusty or that their egos will get in the way after winning a championship. They look to be all business and that they want more. I think Giannis is responsible for setting that tone.

I never thought Milwaukee would be blessed like this with a true franchise player, only 26, with a shot at multiple titles.

Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Paul Millsap.......these guys just look old. All great players at one time but not sure it makes Brooklyn better. A similar question/issue for the Lakers outside LeBron/Davis/Westbrook. Patty Mills was a very nice pickup for Brooklyn. It is only game 1, but the Bucks just look to be deeper........and most of the Bucks' depth is young.
    The Nets did look old and that will be a problem for them with the shorter off season and the regular season grind. Their depth is old with a history of injuries. And there is a ton of pressure on Brooklyn.

Would Kyrie make a world of difference on this team? Yes he is a dynamic player, but backcourt scoring seemed fine. He would improve defense, but seems what Brooklyn is missing is someone that can play inside / match Giannis and Lopez.
    They would be better off moving Kyrie and getting a good inside player (in my opinion)

Your earlier point of the Bucks possibly being better may be right on, assuming health of course.

Allen will probably be a bit better than 3-10 on three pointers.
    Giannis looks better at the free throw line (I know, one game sample).
    Donte, Ojeleye, Hood, Portis, and Holiday were out as noted earlier in the thread,
    Nwora getting really good time against the possibly the best competition in the east, and doing well.

It's a long season, but this team looks ready to go after another ring, and based on what they did in the offseason and last night, I am very optimistic!

Grayson Allen has been fantastic to start the season:

*Shooting 41.9% from beyond the arc.....on 8.8 attempts per game this season compared to 5.5 attempts per game last season
    *Averaging a career-high 15.4 PPG (which should come down when Middleton, Lopez and Holiday are permanently in the lineup)

It has been a beautiful signing when also factoring in the extension he signed at the start of the season.

Grayson has been the bright spot in a pretty tough start to the season. Heard we can expect Brook back in a couple weeks. Khris on Wednesday. It's gonna take some time.

My concern has been the hard minutes Giannis has had to absorb in games where they're barely competitive. Bud will have to get creative there on managing his workload.

The way I look at it is if they can stay above .500 the first half and get everyone healthy for the last 40, they'll be fine.

There is an opportunity for the Bucks to gain some ground with a 5-game homestand against very average to poor teams:

LA Lakers (no LeBron)
    OKC
    Orlando
    Orlando
    Detroit

Get 4 of those 5 and you are sitting at 10-9, or all 5 and you are 11-8. Good to hear that Brook is only a couple of weeks away (miss his rim protection, defensive rebounding and occasional scoring in the paint) and that Khris will be returning Wednesday. There have also been reports saying Donte DiVincenzo is well ahead of schedule. Get all those guys back and you can afford to start getting Giannis some rest here and there. It will be a balancing act all season, the East has improved. It was good for Brook, Khris and Jrue to have received some early season rest (even if unintended in some instances), just don't dig too much of a hole.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 11-15-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12