Thread: Annual GM Survey

Annual GM Survey

https://www.nba.com/news/2021-22-gmsurvey

The Bucks are behind Brooklyn and the Lakers for favorites to win the title.

MVP projections.....(1) Durant, (2) Doncic and (3) Giannis. I was surprised to see GM's select Doncic as the one player they would select to start a franchise with today. Doncic is tremendous, but with Giannis only 26, no way I would take Doncic over Giannis.

Giannis selected as the best and most versatile defender in the NBA. Jrue Holiday considered the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Most importantly, the Bucks are considered the best defensive team in the NBA.

Coach Budenholzer top 5 in several coaching categories (#5 overall, #3 offensive schemes and #2 defensive schemes). Darvin Ham tied with Kenny Atkinson for best assistant coach in the NBA. Charles Lee with honorable mention.

I like the idea of having the best defensive team. That's what gets it done in the post season, as we saw / enjoyed last season.

I agree Goose. Ojeleye is also knows as a good defender. He always defended Giannis well with the Celtics. Hill has always been a + defender, same with DiVincenzo. Hopefully the new pieces (return of DiVincenzo, Allen, Hill, Hood, Ojeleye and development of Nwora) provide some added offensive boost as well. As the Bucks advanced deeper in the playoffs, the offense seemed to be the Big 3, Lopez, Portis and Connaughton. That's it.

I was surprised to see the GMs select the Hawks 5th in the East. I have them 3rd behind the Nets and Bucks. Miami added Lowry and Tucker, but they also lost Goran Dragic who always killed the Bucks. Philly has issues with Ben Simmons and I have never trusted Joel Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I agree Goose. Ojeleye is also knows as a good defender. He always defended Giannis well with the Celtics. Hill has always been a + defender, same with DiVincenzo. Hopefully the new pieces (return of DiVincenzo, Allen, Hill, Hood, Ojeleye and development of Nwora) provide some added offensive boost as well. As the Bucks advanced deeper in the playoffs, the offense seemed to be the Big 3, Lopez, Portis and Connaughton. That's it.

I was surprised to see the GMs select the Hawks 5th in the East. I have them 3rd behind the Nets and Bucks. Miami added Lowry and Tucker, but they also lost Goran Dragic who always killed the Bucks. Philly has issues with Ben Simmons and I have never trusted Joel Embiid.
    I think the Hawks kept their core, but the thought may be that the playoff success last year may have been a fluke.

Agree on Philly, that looks to be a mess from Simmons issue and Embiid injury problems, especially after a short off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think the Hawks kept their core, but the thought may be that the playoff success last year may have been a fluke.

Agree on Philly, that looks to be a mess from Simmons issue and Embiid injury problems, especially after a short off season.
    I don't really buy into flukes in the NBA when all playoff series are best-of-7. I really like the young nucleus of Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, Bogdan Bogdanovic, John Collins, DeAndre Hunter (injured, missed playoffs). Clint Capela is an underrated 2-way center. Lou Williams and Danilo Gallinari off the bench along with young, promising players in Cam Reddish and recent draftee Jalen Johnson.

If Miami's Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson get back to playing like they did in the bubble, Miami will be right there as well with Lowry, Butler and Adebayo. However, right now I give the edge to Atlanta as the team behind the Nets and Bucks.