Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Free Agency

"The reigning champion Bucks are believed to have interest in re-signing versatile defender P.J. Tucker on a deal framework of two years, $20 million, sources said. There's also a belief that Bobby Portis and Milwaukee hope to strike a deal."

This would be great if it actually happens, just assumed Portis was gone.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-pg-carousel

Hard to believe this could happen if Tucker and Portis stay with Milwaukee.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/st...23907749847051

I would think Portis would want to come back. He was a great fit, and fast fan favorite. Not sure he would get that kind of love elsewhere.

Bucks need to be careful here. Not saying I don't like Tucker, but is there a better option that would be willing to take a 2 year deal to play on this team?

Forbes is moving on, so we will need another 3 point shooter at some point.

Great that Portis is back.

Tucker goes to Heat, and in his place the Bucks sign Semi Ojeleye to a minimum deal. I think that is a decent defensive replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Great that Portis is back.

Tucker goes to Heat, and in his place the Bucks sign Semi Ojeleye to a minimum deal. I think that is a decent defensive replacement.
    I remember Ojeleye doing a great job defensively on Giannis 3 years ago in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics (went 7 games). He is 26, 6'6" and strongly built. I can understand it, given Tucker's age (36). I believe the Bucks still have the taxpayer mid-level exception, not necessarily done yet.

Both Miami and Phoenix investing heavily in older players; Lowry (35) gets 3 years at $90 million while Paul (36) gets 4 years at $120 million.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I remember Ojeleye doing a great job defensively on Giannis 3 years ago in the first round of the playoffs against the Celtics (went 7 games). He is 26, 6'6" and strongly built. I can understand it, given Tucker's age (36). I believe the Bucks still have the taxpayer mid-level exception, not necessarily done yet.

Both Miami and Phoenix investing heavily in older players; Lowry (35) gets 3 years at $90 million while Paul (36) gets 4 years at $120 million.
    Bucks have Lopez at 33, Holiday at 31 and Middleton at 30. Everyone else right now is 28 years old or younger.
    We are in pretty good shape age wise to make a multi year run with the current group before anyone gets to the age Chris Paul is now.

Sounds like the Bucks will be signing Rodney Hood to a 1-year deal.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422594838889914375

Core from last season coming back: Giannis, Middleton, Lopez, Holiday, DiVincenzo, Connaughton, and Portis. 7

Newcomers: Ojeleye, Hood, and Mamukelashviliv (draft pick - hope he makes the roster). 3

Bench from last year probably still in the mix: Thanasis and Nwora. 2

That's 10 players who will probably be back.

Bench from last year who knows if they are back: Merrill, Diakite, Jackson, Bryant

Gone from last year: Tucker, Teague, Forbes

Not sure about salary structure, but seems there is room for another add or two depending one if they like some of the end of bench guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast