Thread: Bucks Draft

Bucks Draft

The Bucks trade out of slot 31 and grab multiple second round picks (two this draft and two in later drafts).

In a way I'm disappointed, as I thought a couple guys could have actually provided the Bucks with some depth at guard - Dosunmu from Illinois and Butler from Baylor.

Oh well, they land one of my favorite non MU Big East players in Mamukelashvili and a draft and stash Greek player.

My guess is there are veterans out there who may choose a low salary to play with the Bucks.

I am OK with it.

Getting DiVincenzo back will be like adding a first round pick or a free agent that can start. Also, can Nwora improve enough to crack the rotation? I like him at 6'8" with the ability to shoot.

Mamu was one of the guys that intrigued me in the 2nd round, and they got him at 54. I like this coaching staff's ability to develop players and fit the system. He won't be the focal point of opposing teams' scouting reports, no double-teams. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I am OK with it.

Getting DiVincenzo back will be like adding a first round pick or a free agent that can start. Also, can Nwora improve enough to crack the rotation? I like him at 6'8" with the ability to shoot.

Mamu was one of the guys that intrigued me in the 2nd round, and they got him at 54. I like this coaching staff's ability to develop players and fit the system. He won't be the focal point of opposing teams' scouting reports, no double-teams. I like it.
    After a long season going all the way to the finals, next season will come quickly and guys like Giannis, Lopez and Portis will need some rest during the season (either less minutes, or game off here and there). I really think a player like Mamu can take up regular season minutes and provide some quality there too.

Agree on Nwora. I liked him coming out of college as a long term guy. Getting good experience playing in the Olympics too.