Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
Well, another game 1 where it didn't seem like we played very well. Disappointing, but I think the Suns played their best game.

Going out on a limb, but I think we win the next 3 games, 1 in Phoenix and the 2 in MKE. That just seems to be the way we have played this post season.
Yep. Phoenix 4-0 in Game 1s this postseason while the Bucks are 1-3 after last night. For the first time though, the Bucks' shooting in Game 1 was good (45.5% on FGs and 44% [16-36] beyond the arc).

For a team with as many All-NBA Defensive players (current or former) as the Bucks, I thought they were poor on that side of the ball. They let their best mid-range shooters get to their spots (Paul and Booker) while leaving their best 3-point shooters (Cam Johnson and Mikal Bridges) open beyond the arc. Devin Booker only shot 34% from three during the regular season and is shooting 32.7% from three in the postseason. Keep him out of the mid-range. Chris Paul shot the ball about as well as he can shoot it.

Free throws was another major factor. Phoenix goes 25 of 26 from the charity stripe while Milwaukee was 9 of 16. 16-point differential right there in a 13-point loss. Booker was flailing his shoulders and arms around any Bucks player early, getting the calls.......then rightfully got that offensive foul call against him for kicking his leg out.

One thing I think the Bucks have done well this playoffs, learn as each series goes on, how to defend the opposing team and how to attack them. In addition, need Jrue Holiday back in the form that he was during the Atlanta series. While Game 2 is big, even if they lose, no need to panic. Bucks were down 2-0 to Brooklyn as well. Phoenix is good, and balanced, but I think the Bucks allowed them to play to their strengths too much. Learn from the film and correct it for Game 2.