Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals: Bucks and Suns

Finals: Bucks and Suns

Still surreal seeing Finals promos with one of the teams being the Milwaukee Bucks. 50 years since the last NBA championship and 47 years since the last NBA Finals appearance. A lot of success in the 80's and very close in 2001. I hope they pull it off!

Giannis listed as doubtful for Game 1. Theoretically, Giannis comes back when he is physically cleared to play. However, what do you do if the Bucks find a way to win Game 1 without him? Do you then rest him until Game 3 back in Milwaukee on Sunday (2 days off between Games 2 and 3)?

These teams played 2 very close games in the regular season.....a lot of intriguing, individual matchups. Most interesting to me will be Jrue Holiday and Chris Paul. Go Bucks!
    Last edited by mufan2003; 07-05-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Still surreal seeing Finals promos with one of the teams being the Milwaukee Bucks. 50 years since the last NBA championship and 47 years since the last NBA Finals appearance. A lot of success in the 80's and very close in 2001. I hope they pull it off!

Giannis listed as doubtful for Game 1. Theoretically, Giannis comes back when he is physically cleared to play. However, what do you do if the Bucks find a way to win Game 1 without him? Do you then rest him until Game 3 back in Milwaukee on Sunday (2 days off between Games 2 and 3)?

These teams played 2 very close games in the regular season.....a lot of intriguing, individual matchups. Most interesting to me will be Jrue Holiday and Chris Paul. Go Bucks!
    That is an interesting idea, and I hope we have such a decision to make.

I hope Giannis is ready to go. I he isn't and we lose game 1, that isn't a killer as you are supposed to lose on the road.

Should be a fun series.

Outside of Giannis' status, what I'm most interested/concerned about is how they guard the PNR with Booker and Paul. Both those guys are so good from midrange that drop coverage will be a gamble. Can Brook hang out there switching?

Will be in the building for Game 3 and I can't wait to see what it's like, especially if they can get one in PHX.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Outside of Giannis' status, what I'm most interested/concerned about is how they guard the PNR with Booker and Paul. Both those guys are so good from midrange that drop coverage will be a gamble. Can Brook hang out there switching?

Will be in the building for Game 3 and I can't wait to see what it's like, especially if they can get one in PHX.
    Yes. I heard on Sirius XM NBA Radio this morning that Phoenix takes and makes the most midrange shots of any team in the league.

I certainly feel great about Holiday as a defender, and Middleton is good as well. How will Brook play it? Will also be interesting to see if Tucker spends any time on Booker.

I expect an entertaining series. I will be surprised if it doesn't go at least 6.

Interesting NBA finals tidbit.

No player in the finals this year has won a NBA title. Last time that happened was 1971 when the Bucks won their only title.

The only player who has been in the NBA finals before is Jae Crowder, who was in the finals with Miami (who lost) last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Interesting NBA finals tidbit.

No player in the finals this year has won a NBA title. Last time that happened was 1971 when the Bucks won their only title.

The only player who has been in the NBA finals before is Jae Crowder, who was in the finals with Miami (who lost) last year.
    That is interesting......and last year was Crowder's first and only NBA Finals appearance.

Giannis upgraded to questionable in today's injury report. I would personally keep him out for Game 1 coming off two consecutive, impressive wins.

https://www.nba.com/news/bucks-hope-...for-the-finals

Giannis playing in Game 1.....let's go!

Well, another game 1 where it didn't seem like we played very well. Disappointing, but I think the Suns played their best game.

Going out on a limb, but I think we win the next 3 games, 1 in Phoenix and the 2 in MKE. That just seems to be the way we have played this post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Well, another game 1 where it didn't seem like we played very well. Disappointing, but I think the Suns played their best game.

Going out on a limb, but I think we win the next 3 games, 1 in Phoenix and the 2 in MKE. That just seems to be the way we have played this post season.
    Man, I hope you're right. But I really think this is just a lousy matchup for the Bucks. They can't match PHX's pace, and don't have the personnel to effectively deal with their PNR game. To Bud's credit he tried a bunch of things and CP carved them up.

Last night gave us a good idea of what it probably woulda looked like had the Nets been at full strength. Unless things change drastically I think it's Suns in 5 or 6.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast