Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Finals: Bucks and Suns

Quote Originally Posted by IWB View Post
    Bud is really doing some coaching. In the first two games, Paul controlled the offense so now they pick him up before half court. Ayton had been driving - now they throw multiple people at him when he gets anywhere close. They certainly have the scouting and game prep down, if they can just hit their shots.

Booker - I had him for 7 fouls. Two obvious calls that were swallowed to keep him in the game.
    My guess is if that was Booker driving the hoop on Holiday, Holiday gets whistled. Same for when Middleton was going to the hoop on that 3 on 1 play.

It is just interesting to me that Booker, and Young in the series before, seem to be getting what I would consider the super star ref treatment. I'd get it for Chris Paul, but Booker getting the star treatment while Middleton and Holiday don't gets irritating.
    Am I just being a homer, or does it seem Booker gets every touch foul when he is shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    My guess is if that was Booker driving the hoop on Holiday, Holiday gets whistled. Same for when Middleton was going to the hoop on that 3 on 1 play.

It is just interesting to me that Booker, and Young in the series before, seem to be getting what I would consider the super star ref treatment. I'd get it for Chris Paul, but Booker getting the star treatment while Middleton and Holiday don't gets irritating.
    Am I just being a homer, or does it seem Booker gets every touch foul when he is shooting?
    Booker has learned to flail his arms and shoulders to get the call. He also enjoys staying on the refs. Middleton, Jrue and Giannis just don't come across as guys that complain to the refs. Not saying they never do, but I think they are relatively humble, quiet guys that play hard and are very talented. It makes it easier to pull for them. Tucker clearly is the guy on the Bucks that complains the most; but love the toughness, defense and rebounding he has brought to this team.

With a lot of media attention on Booker's fouls not being called, and the NBA feeling the need to have the ref issue a statement on the non call, it will be interesting to see how the refs treat him in game 5.

With expected focus on Booker, will the refs want to go out of their way to make sure there is no appearance of favoritism toward him, or will they double down and give him the benefit of many a call.

With how important Booker is to the Suns, that could really be a key to game 5.

Personally, I hope he picks up an early foul and it gets in his head that he may be officiated differently.

Big win! Now have to go earn it on Tuesday night! Phoenix won't concede anything.

* Giannis (32pts, 9 boards, 6 assists), Middleton (29pts, 7 boards, 5 assists) and Holiday (27pts, 13 assists, 3 steals)......finally all play great in the same game. Holiday was phenomenal, IMO the key to the win.

*Down 16 points at the end of the 1st quarter.....almost couldn't watch it any further.

*Booker is certainly 1st Team All-NBA Whiner. It is embarrassing. The refs consistently let him get away with using his off-arm to push the defender away.

*This team just keeps fighting. Loved seeing Holiday ice it with the steal on Boooker. Hope they can get it done Tuesday night!

Booker is a all nba whiner. With the stuff he gets away with it is embarrassing that he complains so much.

Holiday is wearing out Paul. His defense is key to getting Paul gassed in the 4th quarter.

When Holiday was hitting, even with the deficit, I thought it would be hard to beat us. If the big 3 are on, we are incredibly hard to beat.

Game 6 back home, all the pressure on the Suns. Deer District will be 30,000, arena will be 17,000. Should be an awesome night.

For those basketball fans that just want to watch a good series, not sure you could ask for anything more. These games have all been down to the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Booker is a all nba whiner. With the stuff he gets away with it is embarrassing that he complains so much.

Holiday is wearing out Paul. His defense is key to getting Paul gassed in the 4th quarter.

When Holiday was hitting, even with the deficit, I thought it would be hard to beat us. If the big 3 are on, we are incredibly hard to beat.

Game 6 back home, all the pressure on the Suns. Deer District will be 30,000, arena will be 17,000. Should be an awesome night.

For those basketball fans that just want to watch a good series, not sure you could ask for anything more. These games have all been down to the last minute.
    Supposedly Deer District reached "capacity" Saturday night and they were having to turn people away. For a road game, unreal.

Unbelievable shooting numbers from Saturday night's game. I can't imagine there are too many teams that combined to shoot that well in a Finals game:

Milwaukee: 57.5% FGs (50-87) and 50% 3-PT FGs (14-28)

Phoenix: 55.2% FGs (48-87) and 68.4% 3-PT FGs (13-19)

https://www.nba.com/news/bucks-big3-nba-history
    Last edited by mufan2003; 07-18-2021 at 04:01 PM.

From a neutral perspective this series has had to be a lot of fun. And it's been a really interesting chess match tactically when you dig into it.

This will surprise no one here, but I'm terrified about tomorrow. Have to think a major shooting regression is coming, and it would be the most Bucks thing ever to lose a closeout game 6 at home just to make it harder on themselves.

Clearly my 30+ years of Bucks fandom hasn't prepared me for how to deal with this moment. But I swear I'm having fun. It's great. But holy balls, the stress of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    From a neutral perspective this series has had to be a lot of fun. And it's been a really interesting chess match tactically when you dig into it.

This will surprise no one here, but I'm terrified about tomorrow. Have to think a major shooting regression is coming, and it would be the most Bucks thing ever to lose a closeout game 6 at home just to make it harder on themselves.

Clearly my 30+ years of Bucks fandom hasn't prepared me for how to deal with this moment. But I swear I'm having fun. It's great. But holy balls, the stress of it.
    Agree that the NBA fan who isn't a Bucks or Suns fan must really be enjoying the series. Every game seems to go down to the wire.

I am trying to stay positive, and think the Bucks will win by double digits.

A lot of pressure on the Suns, who haven't even been in the playoffs in 10 years. I think the environment will be crazy, and I hope that fuels the Bucks and tightens up the Suns.

Yep, the big 3 for the Bucks all were hitting last game, and I hope it continues for another game. As MUFan2003 pointed out, both teams shot crazy good last game, so maybe both will be in for a regression.

Let's hope for an epic night for the Bucks.

The Bucks do make it stressful. They were down 16 points at the end of the 1st QTR and then up 10 at the end of the 3rd QTR. Then up 1 with one minute left. They could certainly lose tomorrow night, but I believe they have proven to be the better team. Just with Giannis, Khris and Jrue.....you have a 2X MVP who is 26 along with 2 Olympians. Brook has been an All-Star and on the men's national team.

Giannis, Khris, Brook, Pat have all experienced disappointment and not living up to expectations in 2019 (ECF loss to Toronto and best record) and 2020 (ECSF loss to Miami and best record). I can't imagine them taking this moment for granted. If they lose, it will be because Phoenix played out of their mind.

Tucker, with Houston, experienced disappointment in the 2018 WCF losing to Golden State after being up 3-2. Another guy who won't take this moment for granted.

Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, Payne, Booker.....the first playoff experience for all of these guys. Rarely does a team with so many guys in their first playoff experience go on to win a title. Just feels like the Bucks time, but they will have to earn it. I am sure the Suns will bring their A game.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast