Thread: Hooliday to Olympics

Holiday to Olympics

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    Jun 22
    Milwaukee guard Jrue Holiday has committed to play for Team USA in the Summer Olympics, source tells ESPN.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 06-22-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Wow....Middleton and Holiday, that's cool.

Hopefully it will be in the context of looking to add a Gold Medal to a NBA Championship Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Wow....Middleton and Holiday, that's cool.

Hopefully it will be in the context of looking to add a Gold Medal to a NBA Championship Ring.
    If Bucks go to finals, and it goes 7 games, there is only two days until the Olympics start.

Lopez is also on the Olympic team. Three Bucks on the roster.

Holiday in the starting lineup for Game 2 with Team USA, playing well:

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1420267906169032704

Jordan Nwora also playing well for Nigeria. I think he is intriguing, I wonder if he can crack the rotation next season (probably depends on his defensive improvement):

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/1420217461098561539

High praise for Jrue Holiday, and his play at the Olympics, from someone indifferent to the Milwaukee Bucks.

I knew Jrue would be an upgrade over Bledsoe, but didn't realize he would be as good as he has been. Games 5 and 6 against Atlanta without Giannis, orchestrating everything. Then hounding Chris Paul in the Finals with an iconic performance on the road in Game 5 with "the steal".

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...reated-as-such

I have read a couple of reports that said if not for Holiday's play, the USA may not have won gold.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by IWB View Post
    I have read a couple of reports that said if not for Holiday's play, the USA may not have won gold.
    Accurate. Not only did he lock down Mills and Fournier in the medal rounds, but he was also making a bunch of plays for other guys.

KD was obviously the MVP, but Jrue was easily second.

Everyone sees the shooting of Durant, and he was great, much like Giannis in the playoffs. But you don't win if you don't have guys that can defend like Holiday. Not a bad couple of months for him, being a key to a NBA title, and now key to a Gold medal.

There has been a lot of moves in the NBA thus far this offseason, but with the core we have, and the defense we are capable of playing with a player like Holiday, I sure like the Bucks chances.