Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks v. Hawks

We sure gave that game away. Middleton couldn't hit and we allowed Young to have his best night ever.

After watching the game I think we still win this thing, but the Hawks might get one more. This could have been a wake up call. Brooklyn series is over, no break, take care of business.

My hope- This is like G1 against Boston two years ago, or Orlando last year.
    My fear- This turns into the Heat series last year.

They had a real chance to put that thing away early. Up 9, then the ill-fated Teague minutes got Atlanta going.

I just don't know how Bud could watch film on Atlanta and not throw more size at the ball screens, to try and change the angles. If Capela rolls make him throw the pass over a big. It was far too easy for Young to turn the corner basically untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    My hope- This is like G1 against Boston two years ago, or Orlando last year.
    My fear- This turns into the Heat series last year.

They had a real chance to put that thing away early. Up 9, then the ill-fated Teague minutes got Atlanta going.

I just don't know how Bud could watch film on Atlanta and not throw more size at the ball screens, to try and change the angles. If Capela rolls make him throw the pass over a big. It was far too easy for Young to turn the corner basically untouched.
    Don't think we will see Teague again in this series. Portis played well, and I think he gets more minutes.

My guess is they challenge Young more, as late in the game with Giannis on him (after a screen) Young would settle for a long three. When Young goes to the hoop, our help side rotations need to be quicker so Lopez can advance out on Young as opposed to staying with his man in the paint.

Young had a career game. Does he have 4 of those games in him? He might based on them getting this far. Bucks need to keep the foot on the gas when they get a lead, and not coast as they did last night. Same intensity as games 3-7 in the Nets series.

I really don't want to see another 7-game, stress-filled series like the one against Brooklyn. Entertaining if you are impartial, but excruciating as a Bucks fan. I also hope this is like the ECSF 2 years ago against Boston; Boston wins game 1 at the Fiserv Forum and then Milwaukee wins 4 straight. Atlanta is good, this is not going to be as simple as going through the motions.

Multiple times last night where I felt like the Bucks were ready to put Atlanta away. They let them hang around and it cost them. My thoughts:

*What is it with Game 1's in the playoffs and 3-point shooting? The Bucks shot 38% as a team during the regular season.....but 16% (5-31) against Miami, 20% (6-30) against Brooklyn and 22% against Atlanta (8-36) in Game 1s. Like previous series, hopefully this trends upwards.

*Jrue Holiday finally has a breakout game offensively (33pts and 10 assists, 5-12 beyond the arc) but Middleton goes 0-9 from three and 6-23 overall. Need the Big 3 to be more consistent game-to-game. If all three are playing well, the opponent is in trouble.

*Trae Young does most of his damage with the floater and if the defense over-commits, with lobs to Capela or Collins. Young was 4-13 from beyond the arc, and yet he is good enough of a shooter to keep the defense honest. The Bucks need to figure this out defensively.

* I liked how Portis contributed, would like to see Forbes get going a bit and Connaughton to hit like he did in the latter part of the Brooklyn series.

I think the Bucks win tonight by double digits.

Go Bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think the Bucks win tonight by double digits.

Go Bucks!
    Nice call Goose. 34 points is certainly double digits!

A noticeable difference in sustained intensity between games 1 and 2. Charles Barkley had a good line, saying the Bucks played game 1 like it was game 52 of the regular season.

Improved shooting as well (52% on FGs and 36.6% from three [15-41]). Need to bring that same intensity and defense per possession to Atlanta.

That was a tough win yesterday. Hawks were hitting their 3's early, but we hung in there and tied it up by half. Hopefully Middleton will get on a roll and have a lot of confidence heading into game 4. We win it all if we have the second half Middleton for the rest of the playoffs.

Another double digit win for the Bucks.

We need to come out with a lot of intensity from the start on Tuesday, with no Giannis shooting 3 pointers.

Obviously a great performance by Middleton (especially in the 4th) and Giannis. Glad to see Middleton get recognized on a national stage.

Portis was fantastic off the bench (has been all series). Jrue struggled offensively (although he had 12 assists) but played his typical great defense. Jrue was great in games 1 and 2, while Middleton was relatively quiet. Still waiting for a playoff game where all 3 are "on" offensively.......hopefully Game 4.

I hope the Bucks aren't content with a split. Keep the pressure on, get Game 4 with a chance to then close the series back in Milwaukee in Game 5.

Pat gave them some excellent minutes as well.

That felt like Atlanta's best punch. Bogdan was moving better and making shots, Gallo same. Trae's injury tilted things, but I do wonder if McMillan regrets not staying with Lou down the stretch.

I really hope the Bucks don't let up. There's blood in the water now.

Sometimes seems like the Bucks just can't handle good fortune. No Trae Young and they come out playing uninspired basketball.

An opportunity to go to the NBA Finals with wins tonight and Thursday......I don't get it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast