Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks v. Hawks

Bucks v. Hawks

I am still surprised the Bucks survived that game 7 and only allowed the Nets to score 2 in O.T.

Now on to the Hawks.

It may be my being overconfident after beating the Nets, but I think the Bucks win in 5 games.
    Home court advantage - win two at home, one on the road, and one back home.

This is getting pretty exciting Goose. I don't ever like feeling overly confident as a fan, like Game 5 against Brooklyn, but I am confident the Bucks are the better team. I agree that the Bucks can win in 5. Atlanta is playing well and appear to have good chemistry right now. Some nagging injuries to Bogdanovic and Young. They lost De'Andre Hunter for the rest of the playoffs. Huerter has looked really good. Regardless of how many games, just win the series.

Watching the Atlanta/Philly game last night, I was amazed at how irrelevant Ben Simmons had become. He looked like Michael Carter-Williams out there. Stephen A Smith and Philly fans are already calling for him to be traded. Philly did not look good.

I just think the Bucks are in such a good place being able to switch at nearly every position defensively. They won't face a scorer as lethal as Durant outside of Kawhi Leonard (injuries of his own) and Devin Booker.......but those two are 6'8" and 6'5" respectively. Durant was just so unique with his height, wingspan and high release on his jumper. The Bucks don't have a weak defender in their starting 5. Lopez can handle Capela who camps out around the rim looking for lobs.

Nice to have home-court advantage as well, Wednesday and Friday night are some good nights to have playoff basketball at the Fiserv Forum. Jared Greenberg (NBA Host) said he has not been in a louder venue than Fiserv Forum this postseason. It feels like this is the Bucks time......and their core is still relatively young with Giannis (26), Middleton (29) and Holiday (31). Middleton has a player option in 2023, Jrue in 2024 and Giannis in 2025. This group can do something special.

Not sure who would want Simmons at his pay rate and number of years.
    Would have to be even better than the deal OKC got with Kemba Walker. Take on his salary and we will give you a first rounder for your trouble.

Going to be a fun week in Milwaukee, at least I hope.

Article written by MU Grad Steve Aschburner.

Huerter
    Young
    Gallinari
    Bogdanovic
    Lou Will

All guys that can really hurt you from three. That makes me very nervous. The Bucks have really struggled defensively against teams like this. Their shooting is going to have to be a lot better than it was against Brooklyn.

As much as I want to think ATL turns into a pumpkin and the Bucks win in 5, I think it goes the distance. And who knows at that point.

No doubt Atlanta is talented. Maybe more well-rounded than Brooklyn trended in the last series. I think Atlanta is similar in some ways to Phoenix last season. Ascending late in the season, especially after Nate McMillan took over. Phoenix entered the bubble out of playoff contention but went 8-0 (including a win against the Lakers) and just missed the playoff round. I don't think Atlanta has an inside presence like Phoenix has (Ayton), but good, young talent.

People tend to forget Tre Young was a 34% shooter from beyond the arc in the regular season and for his career. He has a tendency to be hot or cold. He was cold in Game 7 against Philly. The Bucks also have a 1st Team All-NBA Defensive player they can put on him with size (Holiday). I have no trepidation about the other matchups......Lopez on Capela, Giannis on Collins, Tucker on Bogdanovic, Middleton on Huerter. If Portis gets more run this series, he can matchup against Gallinari who doesn't have much off the dribble.

The Bucks had a mantra after they went up 2-0 on Miami....."Don't play with your food." They weren't going to Miami looking for a split. Several guys have had disappointing exits deep in the playoffs; Giannis, Middleton and Lopez 2 years ago when they were up 2-0 on Toronto in the ECF (along with Miami last season). PJ Tucker in Houston when they were up 3-2 on Golden State in the WCF. Missed opportunities like that make you appreciate the moment and not take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    No doubt Atlanta is talented. Maybe more well-rounded than Brooklyn trended in the last series. I think Atlanta is similar in some ways to Phoenix last season. Ascending late in the season, especially after Nate McMillan took over. Phoenix entered the bubble out of playoff contention but went 8-0 (including a win against the Lakers) and just missed the playoff round. I don't think Atlanta has an inside presence like Phoenix has (Ayton), but good, young talent.

People tend to forget Tre Young was a 34% shooter from beyond the arc in the regular season and for his career. He has a tendency to be hot or cold. He was cold in Game 7 against Philly. The Bucks also have a 1st Team All-NBA Defensive player they can put on him with size (Holiday). I have no trepidation about the other matchups......Lopez on Capela, Giannis on Collins, Tucker on Bogdanovic, Middleton on Huerter. If Portis gets more run this series, he can matchup against Gallinari who doesn't have much off the dribble.

The Bucks had a mantra after they went up 2-0 on Miami....."Don't play with your food." They weren't going to Miami looking for a split. Several guys have had disappointing exits deep in the playoffs; Giannis, Middleton and Lopez 2 years ago when they were up 2-0 on Toronto in the ECF (along with Miami last season). PJ Tucker in Houston when they were up 3-2 on Golden State in the WCF. Missed opportunities like that make you appreciate the moment and not take it for granted.
    Hopefully Holiday can wear down Young, I think he can. Not sure if Young will get the calls, but if they allow some physical play, not sure if Young will be able to do much with Holiday going to the hoop.
    As you said, Young can be hot and cold. One thing is for sure, he will keep shooting, and when the D is up on him, he just shoots deeper 3's.

I think the advantage we have is we can match up well when defending the Hawk players, but not sure they matchup as well defending our players.

*Cam Reddish upgraded to questionable (out since February with achilles procedure)

*Bogdanovic dealing with a sore right knee, could be downgraded closer to tip

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/nb...finals-june-23

Hooooo boy. Never can make it easy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast