Thread: OT: Portis?

OT: Portis?

Anyone else surprised at Portis' greatly reduced role against the Nets? He didn't even get into last night's game. Same with two other games against the Nets.

In my mind Portis was a key player throughout the regular season. He played solid defense. He rebounded. He scored.

His regular season stats in 66 games: 11.7 ppg, 7.1 rpg in 20.8 mpg, and he shot 47.1% on treys.

He wasn't hitting his shots against the Nets when he did play, but in Game 2, he had 7 rebounds in 17 minutes, and in Game 3 he had 6 rebounds in 12 minutes.

Obviously the coach thought the Bucks had a better chance of winning leaving BP on the bench, and we did advance.

But I'm surprised. I wonder if he'll return to the rotation against the Sixer or Hawks.

I’m hoping it’s a combination of bad matchup and Bud shrinking the rotation. Although, I would have thought he’d get Thanasis’ minutes at a minimum.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Thanasis minutes were very limited and were certainly based on his defensive ability.

I would assume it was more matchup related but Bud went with basically a 6 man rotation so who knows.

Portis certainly was an asset during regular season but playoffs are a different animal.

I don't have a fight in this fight, but wouldn't it be great for Philly to win so Doc comes back for the ECF and then we could get a Suns/Bucks final with Jae coming home.

Portis didn't really have anyone to match up with in the Nets series. Unless he is hurt somehow, he will have more opportunity against Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Portis didn't really have anyone to match up with in the Nets series. Unless he is hurt somehow, he will have more opportunity against Atlanta.
    Agree with this. Different series, different matchups.

Looking at the earlier Bucks/Hawks games, Portis got solid minutes and did well. He will be rested and ready to prove something in this series -- if for no other reason than for contract negotiations.