Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Nets

I'll be honest, the scenario you described is a win-win in my eyes. If this leads to them actually investing into the front office and upgrading the HC spot I'm good with it.

Game 3 felt like a rock fight, but glad they won. Some thoughts:

*Bucks won despite continued poor shooting. 37.8% (34-90) on FGs and 19.4% (6-31) beyond the arc. I don't attribute much of it to the Nets' defense. Just missing some good looks. The Bucks were #1 in PPG and Top 5 in Offensive Efficiency. I hope they can get more from Holiday, Lopez, Forbes and Portis.

*Giannis and Middleton scored 79% of the team's points. A playoff record by any tandem.

*Middleton was clutch and fantastic offensively. I don't get the criticism. I get more frustrated with Giannis than Middleton. Would love to see Holiday with a breakout game.

*Lopez was big on defense playing "centerfield" and on the pick-and-roll.....finished with 6 blocks. Keep it up, they can't match his size.

*Bucks defense was very good down the stretch. Durant is sooo good, but they kept everyone else in check. Irving is good, but Durant is upper echelon with LeBron and Kawhi. I think the Bucks are capable of winning with defense and offense whereas the Nets have to win with offense. Bucks offense (as a team) has not really shown up yet.

*Gut feel is that the Nets still win the series. Need to win Sunday.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 06-11-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Game 3 felt like a rock fight, but glad they won. Some thoughts:

*Bucks won despite continued poor shooting. 37.8% (34-90) on FGs and 19.4% (6-31) beyond the arc. I don't attribute much of it to the Nets' defense. Just missing some good looks. The Bucks were #1 in PPG and Top 5 in Offensive Efficiency. I hope they can get more from Holiday, Lopez, Forbes and Portis.

*Giannis and Middleton scored 79% of the team's points. A playoff record by any tandem.

*Middleton was clutch and fantastic offensively. I don't get the criticism. I get more frustrated with Giannis than Middleton. Would love to see Holiday with a breakout game.

*Lopez was big on defense playing "centerfield" and on the pick-and-roll.....finished with 6 blocks. Keep it up, they can't match his size.

*Bucks defense was very good down the stretch. Durant is sooo good, but they kept everyone else in check. Irving is good, but Durant is upper echelon with LeBron and Kawhi. I think the Bucks are capable of winning with defense and offense whereas the Nets have to win with offense. Bucks offense (as a team) has not really shown up yet.

*Gut feel is that the Nets still win the series. Need to win Sunday.
    I think Holiday worked incredibly hard on Irving yesterday, and they may have had him play less of an offensive roll because of his energy on D.

KD will get his, limit the rest.

Giannis needs to stop the 3 point, and get points in the paint. After the first quarter, too much isolation basketball. Need to move the ball. Giannis coming through the lane from the backside is unstoppable, just need to convince him or show him first quarter tape.

Will be a fun series if we can take game 4 on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think Holiday worked incredibly hard on Irving yesterday, and they may have had him play less of an offensive roll because of his energy on D.

KD will get his, limit the rest.

Giannis needs to stop the 3 point, and get points in the paint. After the first quarter, too much isolation basketball. Need to move the ball. Giannis coming through the lane from the backside is unstoppable, just need to convince him or show him first quarter tape.

Will be a fun series if we can take game 4 on Sunday.
    It is a series again. I was pretty pessimistic after game 2, but anything can happen now.

I never want to see great players suffer an injury, and Irving's injury did not look good. I suffered a broken fibula and high ankle sprain when my foot did something similar. Lucky to have just sprained it. There were 2 days off before games 3 and 4, whereas there is only 1 day off the rest of the way. Hard to believe Irving will be good to go Tuesday, or anywhere near 100%.

Brooklyn only had their Big 3 available in 8 of the 72 games this season. So in a way, a reflection of what they were for most of the year. Being available and durable is important.

It has been nice to see the Bucks playing great defense, not letting occasional offensive struggles dictate their effort on the defensive end. The Bucks can win with defense and offense. I think Brooklyn needs to win with great offense.

This series has become interesting again.

It is a series again. I was pretty pessimistic after game 2, but anything can happen now.

I never want to see great players suffer an injury, and Irving's injury did not look good. I suffered a broken fibula and high ankle sprain when my foot did something similar. Lucky to have just sprained it. There were 2 days off before games 3 and 4, whereas there is only 1 day off the rest of the way. Hard to believe Irving will be good to go Tuesday, or anywhere near 100%.

Brooklyn only had their Big 3 available in 8 of the 72 games this season. So in a way, a reflection of what they were for most of the year. Being available and durable is important.

It has been nice to see the Bucks playing great defense, not letting occasional offensive struggles dictate their effort on the defensive end. The Bucks can win with defense and offense. I think Brooklyn needs to win with great offense.

This series has become interesting again.
    I think with only one day off it will be hard for Irving to make the game Tuesday like you said.
    if no Irving and no Harden the Bucks make this series very difficult for the Nets. I think even with Harden it will be difficult.

The Bucks have figured out how to play physical with the Nets, and that didn't suit KD. KD needs another big time player to win.

With no Irving, Holiday should become more of an offensive weapon, as he won't be expending as much effort on D.

I think with only one day off it will be hard for Irving to make the game Tuesday like you said.
    if no Irving and no Harden the Bucks make this series very difficult for the Nets. I think even with Harden it will be difficult.

The Bucks have figured out how to play physical with the Nets, and that didn't suit KD. KD needs another big time player to win.

With no Irving, Holiday should become more of an offensive weapon, as he won't be expending as much effort on D.
    Not only getting more physical, but just raising their overall defensive play as well. It is as if they realized they had to be great on the defensive end to win this series. In the first 2 games, it seemed like the Bucks were playing regular season defense (taking possessions off).

Nice to see guys like Tucker, Forbes and Connaughton start contributing offensively.

Not only getting more physical, but just raising their overall defensive play as well. It is as if they realized they had to be great on the defensive end to win this series. In the first 2 games, it seemed like the Bucks were playing regular season defense (taking possessions off).

Nice to see guys like Tucker, Forbes and Connaughton start contributing offensively.
    Any report on the status of Kyrie for tomorrow?

Tucker has been the difference in this series. He is really in KD's grill, and maybe in his head.
    Hopefully the game in Brooklyn is officiated the same was this last game was officiated.

With no Kyrie and no Harden the Bucks need to step it up right from the start. Pressure KD all over the court, and make sure he knows it is not just Tucker that will be in his face all game.

Need a big win.

Sounds like Embiid is having some trouble with the knee for Philly. The East is there for the Bucks to take, just need to step it up and take advantage.

With no Kyrie and no Harden the Bucks need to step it up right from the start. Pressure KD all over the court, and make sure he knows it is not just Tucker that will be in his face all game.

Need a big win.

Sounds like Embiid is having some trouble with the knee for Philly. The East is there for the Bucks to take, just need to step it up and take advantage.
    I tend to worry just a bit when a game is considered a guaranteed win. Bucks can't mess around and relax with no Irving/Harden. Toronto made no apologies in the 2019 NBA Finals when Durant and Klay Thompson went down. Take advantage of the opportunity and don't let it go 7 games when Harden and/or Irving could possibly return.

Good point on Embiid, the East is wide open.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast