Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucks vs Heat

Many of the national pundits felt Miami should be feeling great after game 1, because Butler shot 4-22 and Adebayo shot 4-15. Things could only get better.

They seemed to ignore the fact that the Bucks were the 4th best 3-pt shooting team (38.9%) in the league during the regular season but only shot 16% (5-31) in game 1. I don't expect 22-53 (41.5%) every time out, but you knew the Bucks would bounce back from beyond the arc. Great to see Jrue Holiday with 15 assists. There is a toughness that has been added to this Bucks team with Holiday, Portis and Tucker.

Miami isn't going to concede anything. That is a proud franchise with a great coach. Even heard Shaq predict last night that Miami will even up this series. If I am the Bucks, I am putting that up as bulletin board material.

I agree we have more toughness too with Holiday being added.

Need to take one in Miami and then bring it back to MKE and finish it off.

Miami is a tough team, and Butler can will his team to win at times.

The Bucks should be poised to have starters play whatever minutes are needed. The bench needs to take care of business too, with Connaughton, Tucker, Portis and Forbes. Keep hitting, even at a lesser %, and we are good.

Looks like Brooklyn is in good shape, would hope if we can win the Miami series, we do so with the same timing and get equal rest.

Worst playoff loss in Heat franchise history. Teams down 0-3 in a playoff series are 0-140 all-time in coming back and winning the series. Time to go for the sweep and maybe get an extra day of rest before facing the Nets. An interesting take from a national NBA writer (Tim Bontemps) who has no rooting interest in the Bucks:

After a second straight evisceration of the Heat on Thursday night -- this time on the shores of Biscayne Bay -- Milwaukee has taken a commanding 3-0 lead, compiling what is arguably the most stunning result of the first round thus far (yes, including the collapse of the LA Clippers out West).

All of the things that people questioned about this team entering the season -- from its ability to hold up in a pressure situation to just how much of a difference would Jrue Holiday make to whether Mike Budenholzer would make the necessary adjustments to succeed in the playoffs -- have all been emphatically answered three games into what the Bucks hope is a very long postseason run.

Unlike the 76ers and Nets, both of whom have also taken care of business thus far against the Washington Wizards and Boston Celtics, respectively, Milwaukee is facing an opponent that many thought could threaten its season. And rather than finding themselves in a fight, the Bucks have instead smashed the Heat to smithereens in both Game 2 and 3 after escaping from Game 1 with an overtime victory.

The Nets, Milwaukee's second-round opponent should both teams advance, will offer a far greater challenge. But if we have learned anything in this first round, it's that this year's Bucks are far different than those of the past two postseasons.

I agree, a completely different Bucks team with Holiday.

Donte out for the year is really going to hurt.

I will admit, no way was I thinking we would sweep the Heat. Great series by the Bucks.

Now we just need Boston to cause a bit of trouble for Brooklyn.

The winner of the Bucks v. Nets series could very well be the favorite to win it all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12