Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Heat

Bucks vs Heat

Well, here we go. This matchup probably makes all Bucks fans nervous. Have to be more confident this year with Jrue Holiday, a better DiVincenzo and to a lesser extent....Bobby Portis, Bryn Forbes and Jeff Teague as younger and improved bench options.

I think the road to the NBA Finals will have never been tougher for the Bucks. They are potentially looking at Miami, Brooklyn and Philly to reach the NBA Finals. I think Brooklyn has to be the favorite with Durant, Harden and Irving.....but they do struggle defensively.

This is definitely the time when the Bucks will be judged. These playoffs will reveal a lot about Budenholzer, Giannis, Middleton and the addition of Holiday. An entire week to prepare as well with the Play-in tournament.

Best part of the Play-in tournament will be the #7/#8 matchup out West with the Lakers hosting the Warriors. Golden State has won 8 of 10 and 6 straight. Curry was the NBA scoring champion with 32ppg.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ules-explained

A very tough playoff road. I actually think the Bucks are a better team than last year, but that doesn't mean NBA finals. Brooklyn will be interesting. I think Harden and Irving are wild cards, do they play smart team ball, or will there be finger pointing as soon as things don't go their way.

The east will be a battle this year. Hopefully fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    A very tough playoff road. I actually think the Bucks are a better team than last year, but that doesn't mean NBA finals. Brooklyn will be interesting. I think Harden and Irving are wild cards, do they play smart team ball, or will there be finger pointing as soon as things don't go their way.

The east will be a battle this year. Hopefully fun to watch.
    I agree that the Bucks are better, and finally getting the ball to Giannis in different spots.

Harden and Irving can have a tendency to want to dominate the ball. A lot of dribbling and sticking too long in either player's hands can make it easier to defend. In Golden State, I always felt like Thompson didn't need to dominate the ball. Curry and Durant could, but didn't have to. They kept the ball moving. I still think defense could prove to be the liability for Brooklyn. Irving had a terrible time trying to defend Holiday in the post....Holiday's size and physicality was too much for Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I agree that the Bucks are better, and finally getting the ball to Giannis in different spots.

Harden and Irving can have a tendency to want to dominate the ball. A lot of dribbling and sticking too long in either player's hands can make it easier to defend. In Golden State, I always felt like Thompson didn't need to dominate the ball. Curry and Durant could, but didn't have to. They kept the ball moving. I still think defense could prove to be the liability for Brooklyn. Irving had a terrible time trying to defend Holiday in the post....Holiday's size and physicality was too much for Irving.
    They will have to outscore people to win, and they are capable of doing so. The big 3 at Brooklyn have been oft injured this season. To beat the Bucks they will need to be healthy. Of course the same can be said about the Bucks too.

Tip set for Saturday at 1pm.

https://www.espn.com/nba/schedule
    That's tough, as I had planned to get a lot done on Saturday. Oh well.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced-leaders/

An interesting look at advanced stats by team heading into the playoffs. Bucks are tied for 4th in Offensive Rating, 9th in Defensive Rating and 4th in Net Rating. 2nd in Effective FG%. One stat that caught my attention was Brooklyn being 22nd in Defensive Rating.

For the NBA, this season, there were more 3-point FGs made than in any other season and the highest percentage made than in any other season.

Good grief that was torture (lol).....great if you were an impartial observer!

To win despite shooting 16% (5-31) from beyond the arc while the Heat shot 40% (20-50) is a great relief for the Bucks. Giannis just seemed tight, did he make anything outside a dunk, layup or free throw? Hopefully just a matter of it being Game 1 against the team that disposed of you in 5 games last year. I hope getting this one gets Giannis to relax just a bit and not play so uptight. IMO, Giannis doesn't make shots when he is wound up so tight.

A very entertaining game and relieved the Bucks pulled it out.

Good grief that was torture (lol).....great if you were an impartial observer!

To win despite shooting 16% (5-31) from beyond the arc while the Heat shot 40% (20-50) is a great relief for the Bucks. Giannis just seemed tight, did he make anything outside a dunk, layup or free throw? Hopefully just a matter of it being Game 1 against the team that disposed of you in 5 games last year. I hope getting this one gets Giannis to relax just a bit and not play so uptight. IMO, Giannis doesn't make shots when he is wound up so tight.

A very entertaining game and relieved the Bucks pulled it out.
    Talk about a completely different game from 1 to 2. Can't hit a 3, can't miss a 3.

If Forbes and Connaughton are hitting from 3, and Giannis is making free throws, then we are a very dangerous team against anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast