Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BE has a new commish... Thoughts?

BE has a new commish... Thoughts?

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8267843

Thoughts? Anyone know anything about him?

Without knowing anything about him, I'd say this is a brilliant hire for the BE. With his TV background, and the BE in a contract year...I'd say CBS may just become the new home of the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by MU_Iceman View Post
    Without knowing anything about him, I'd say this is a brilliant hire for the BE. With his TV background, and the BE in a contract year...I'd say CBS may just become the new home of the Big East.
    Doubtful. They are fully committed to SEC Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmreddevil View Post
    Doubtful. They are fully committed to SEC Football.

So??? They can't have both??

This hire, along with the negotiating team (consultants) they hired for the TV contract are very positive for the future of the Big East.

I'll go out on a limb and say that I think the Big East has done very well here and may very well get more than the ACC did in their deal. The new commish being a tv guy, having the guys (consultants) that put all that money in the PAC 12 pockets, along with ND and their NBC relationship make for a very good team heading into an incredibly important negotiation for the Big East.

A quick check of some of the Big East football playing boards seems to reflect this as a positive move.

No CBS won't do both. I don't think they want more football product than the SEC right now. This does most definitely help because it does give the BE someone who understands the nature of what is going on in the negotiating room.

Media feedback has been very positive on this move. Will be VERY interesting to see what they get, if the BE can make a big splash it will make Syracuse and PITT look real stupid. I really doubt they can beat the ACC's deal though... That being said crazier things have happened.

Dodd from CBS sports thinks the Big East hit a home run.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ith-cbs-aresco

Does anybody know what affiliates CBS owns regardless of if it is sports related or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast