Thread: Tough Call - Bucks/Suns Game

Tough Call - Bucks/Suns Game

Not sure if anyone saw the end of the game Monday night. It was a highly entertaining game with a horrendous ending. A horrible call by the ref to decide the game with 1.5 seconds left in OT. Just a regular season game, but coming down the stretch fighting for home-court advantage, hate to see a game decided on such a questionable call.

https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-news-...-devin-booker/

Tie game, inbounds to Devin Booker on the wing behind the 3-point line, Holiday and Tucker both close out and raise their hands. Tucker comes close to Booker's elbow, but even in instant replay, no clear sign that he touched Booker's elbow. Should have been a no-call (given the uncertainty) and headed into a second OT.

Regardless, the talent and level of play in that game was fantastic. The Phoenix Suns are an easy team to pull for in the West. Jae Crowder, Mikal Bridges, Devin Booker, Chris Paul, DeAndre Ayton, Dario Saric. I like the makeup of their team.

Bucks now with an important back-to-back against #1 Philly.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-20-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw the end of the game Monday night. It was a highly entertaining game with a horrendous ending. A horrible call by the ref to decide the game with 1.5 seconds left in OT. Just a regular season game, but coming down the stretch fighting for home-court advantage, hate to see a game decided on such a questionable call.

Tie game, inbounds to Devin Booker on the wing behind the 3-point line, Holiday and Tucker both close out and raise their hands. Tucker comes close to Booker's elbow, but even in instant replay, no clear sign that he touched Booker's elbow. Should have been a no-call (given the uncertainty) and headed into a second OT.

Regardless, the talent and level of play in that game was fantastic. The Phoenix Suns are an easy team to pull for in the West. Jae Crowder, Mikal Bridges, Devin Booker, Chris Paul, DeAndre Ayton, Dario Saric. I like the makeup of their team.

Bucks now with an important back-to-back against #1 Philly.
    You sure don't end an overtime game with a call like that one, which I don't even think was a foul. Just a terrible call to end what was a really good game. I agree that the Suns are an easy team to pull for in the West.

Bucks just need to continue figuring out the defense and make sure it works come playoff time.

Also need to make sure their offense doesn't stagnate with Giannis brining it up against a wall of defenders.
    Hopefully with Holiday more of an offensive option than Bledsoe, that will change the offensive approach, especially in a multi game series.

Game followed a pattern for the Bucks. Get a lead, coast through the third and early fourth, cough it up when Bud is too slow to go small, lose a close one to a good team.

I'm beginning to think the best thing for them long-term would be getting bounced by Miami. Bud ain't the guy to get them to a Finals.

I'm ok with Bud at this point, but the playoffs will determine a lot in regards to his future. He is developing a reputation of having great regular season teams that get bounced in the playoffs.

My issue last night....once again, like the game @Phoenix, on the Bucks' final possession; they give the ball to Giannis just over half court, spread everyone out. I don't understand this. You are setting up Giannis to get a charge call, a turnover or like last night....lost his footing and had to call a timeout. I would much rather see Giannis get the ball (1) around the free-throw line, (2) on the low block or in the (3) wide post. Having him go downhill, off a ball-screen, from the top of the key is just asking for a turnover or a charge call.

Giannis is only 26, and he puts up gaudy numbers, but I am not sure his game is where it needs to be to lead a team to a championship (yet). Whether it be a consistent mid-range jump shot or different moves in the post, I worry about him deep in the playoffs when it becomes a half-court affair against set defenses. He still wants to put his head down and get all the way to the rim. Part of this will be on Bud and the coaching staff to get him the ball in the right spots......come crunch time.

As a sidenote, I feel very good about Jrue Holiday come playoff time (compared to Bledsoe). He has exceeded my expectations.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-20-2021 at 01:49 PM.