Thread: Don't know about you all...

Don't know about you all...

... but I'm in a dark place right now when it comes to the Bucks. Assuming they bow out to Miami, I wonder if it's time to rethink their approach.

This series, and the Toronto series before it, tells me they can't win a title as currently constructed. Bud is stubborn, but it's really hard to beat a defense with a superstar who can't shoot. Middleton can't go get you a bucket. Bled's finishing at the rim is suspect. Down the stretch, they have nobody you can count on to score when the defense packs it in.

Middleton's contract makes him difficult to move, but I'd listen to offers on everyone. I love Giannis, but unless his game changes, I don't see how this works. And honestly, if it doesn't change, the way he plays doesn't lend itself to good health down the line. I hold my breath every time he eurosteps in traffic.

The other thing is Bud's refusal to alter rotations or make meaningful defensive adjustments. Can you deal with good regular seasons and playoff flameouts, especially if Giannis signs the supermax?

I know a lot of people will point to the hiatus and the bubble, but they showed signs of struggling before the shutdown.

They don't have somebody who can score from all points of the floor. Jimmy Butler shows what you can do when you are a threat to both shoot and drive. The Bucks need that and don't have it.

I have been harping on Middleton as an insufficient #2 for awhile. Yeah he can pour shots in when hot, but he isn't great with the ball in his hands, and can't really break down a defense. Bled is fine, but not a top option.

Giannis is only 25 so I think its too early to throw in the towel with him. And he does way more than simply score. I'd try to sign him for a max deal, then replace some of the parts around him. Frankly I wonder if both Horst and Bud need to go.

Unfortunately, home court advantage means nothing this year. I think that, and the layoff, cost the Bucks.

Bud has to change some of the approach once you get to the playoffs. When Giannis comes down court with the ball, the defense can easily bottle things up, resulting in no flow to the offense. Nurse showed how to do that last year. Why not start with Giannis on the low block moving from side to side. If they want to double team him down there for the entire possession then someone is wide open, or maybe a defensive 3 second call. Cover him one on one, and he will likely score. Just try something different each game.

The Bucks do need a player who can score as Butler can like Sultan said, but they are hard to come by. Could use a guard in the draft that would be more of a mix of Bledsoe and Hill. A good outside shot, but can also take you off the dribble. I'm not saying an all star, but someone with those type of skills. While he is not that type of player (Maxey from KY might be), I was hoping for Nesmith from Vandy (3 and D), but he seems to be moving up the draft boards.

We win in OT last year in game 3 against Toronto and we win the title. They don't call the foul on Giannis in game 3 and who knows, maybe it is 2-2 right now. I think with some tweaks this team could be a champion.

Get Giannis signed, and then tweak the players around him. And have Coach Bud feel free to change things up during the playoffs.

The Bledshow needs to end. I think they go after CP3