... but I'm in a dark place right now when it comes to the Bucks. Assuming they bow out to Miami, I wonder if it's time to rethink their approach.

This series, and the Toronto series before it, tells me they can't win a title as currently constructed. Bud is stubborn, but it's really hard to beat a defense with a superstar who can't shoot. Middleton can't go get you a bucket. Bled's finishing at the rim is suspect. Down the stretch, they have nobody you can count on to score when the defense packs it in.

Middleton's contract makes him difficult to move, but I'd listen to offers on everyone. I love Giannis, but unless his game changes, I don't see how this works. And honestly, if it doesn't change, the way he plays doesn't lend itself to good health down the line. I hold my breath every time he eurosteps in traffic.

The other thing is Bud's refusal to alter rotations or make meaningful defensive adjustments. Can you deal with good regular seasons and playoff flameouts, especially if Giannis signs the supermax?

I know a lot of people will point to the hiatus and the bubble, but they showed signs of struggling before the shutdown.