Thread: Philly and Toronto

Philly and Toronto

2 good tests coming out of the All-Star break, nationally televised games tonight (ABC) and Tuesday night (TNT). Philly and Toronto arguably the 2 most talented teams behind Milwaukee in the East (I think Toronto is #2). The trade deadline has come and gone, so these final 27 games will be interesting when playing other top teams in the league. Some marquee games in the next couple of weeks: @Miami (3/2), @Lakers (3/6), @Denver (3/9), and Boston (3/12).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 03-02-2020 at 09:51 AM.

I know Simmons was hurt but Philly was a disaster on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I know Simmons was hurt but Philly was a disaster on Saturday.
    Not a very good team mix, even with Simmons on the floor. Seems like Butler wasn't the problem there. Al Horford recently indicated there are problems in their locker room.

Toronto is a tough team, and tomorrow on the road will be interesting for sure. Hard to win back to back days on the road, especially when game number 2 is road Toronto.
    Win both Monday and Tuesday, after dismantling Philly on Saturday, and that would be quite a statement.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1232064831118872577

Sounds like Simmons will be out for some time. Horford is showing decline, probably started last season. Philly is not trending well right now. Concerns that Simmons and Embiid don't fit well together. Toronto looks to be the toughest competition in the East, followed by Boston and Miami as a wildcard.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1232064831118872577

Sounds like Simmons will be out for some time. Horford is showing decline, probably started last season. Philly is not trending well right now. Concerns that Simmons and Embiid don't fit well together. Toronto looks to be the toughest competition in the East, followed by Boston and Miami as a wildcard.
    I'm guessing Horford wished he didn't chase the money and either stayed where he was a good fit for less, or took less and went to a different contending team.
    Looking forward to watching game with Toronto tonight. Back t back road isn't easy, but would say a lot if we can get the W.

Playoff caliber game tonight, very entertaining. Great win considering the opponent and on the back end of a back-to-back.

Kyle Lowry was acting like the Brad Davison of the NBA. I am a fan of Villanova, its coach and players, but Lowry gets annoying with his flailing arms, constant whining and whatever you call that head maneuver that dislodged Hill and drew an offensive foul.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Playoff caliber game tonight, very entertaining. Great win considering the opponent and on the back end of a back-to-back.

Kyle Lowry was acting like the Brad Davison of the NBA. I am a fan of Villanova, its coach and players, but Lowry gets annoying with his flailing arms, constant whining and whatever you call that head maneuver that dislodged Hill and drew an offensive foul.
    That was one of the more crazy plays I've seen. Not sure what he was thinking there.

Huge road win after back to back as you said MUFAN2003. After that win we are up 8 games with 24 to play. If we were to go 14-10 down the stretch (more losses than we have to date) Toronto would need to go 23-1 to beat us for home court advantage. That is how good the Bucks are playing.