Thread: On Pace for 70

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Most teams that have the two or three star players have very little else.
    This Bucks team has the best player, but also have some high level players that seem to compliment each other well and play defense.
    The Bucks also confidently go more than 10 deep (Giannis, Middleton, Bledsoe, Wes, DiVencenzo, Lopez (2), Hill, Ersan, Connaughton, Brown, etc). Not many teams can do that, and it really helps when the star players take a breather and we are putting a much better bench up against anyone else.

I don't care about the number of regular season wins, just want to get to the NBA finals and have a shot.
    Middleton's 51 last night, albeit against one of the worst defensive teams in the league, shows what he is capable of. 16-26 on FGs, 7-10 from beyond the arc and 12-12 from the free throw line. He also had 10 boards and 6 assists. His shooting stroke is so fluid and gets the shot off quickly. Out of the post-up, off the dribble or catch-and-shoot. Middleton gets overlooked as a second option because of his relative lack of athleticism (jumping ability). He is a great compliment to Giannis. He could average in the mid to upper 20's on a team like the Knicks. I think he is an All-Star reserve without much doubt.

DiVincenzo is my most improved player. Along with Giannis and Lopez, Donte is in the top 3 of individual defensive rating. If Bledsoe should struggle deep in the playoffs, there are 2 nice options in Hill and DiVincenzo that can handle defending the opposing team's PG (while being able to shoot).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 01-29-2020 at 02:42 PM.