Thread: Wesley Last Night

Pretty cool. As a sidenote, really happy with the play of DiVincenzo lately. Clearly an improved player and has showed it since moving into the starting lineup (Middleton's injury). There has been some talk of leaving DiVincenzo in the starting lineup when Middleton comes back, with the idea of keeping Wes fresh for the playoffs and not burning him out throughout the regular season. Wes is only 33, but on the back 9 of his career. We'll see, but glad to have both.

I said it when he was signed and I'll say it again. Wes has no business starting in the NBA at this point in his career, let alone for a legitimate contender. His numbers (8.96 PER, -8.9 Value Added and -.3 Wins Added) put him in the bottom 20% of the league for all players. If he's going to get minutes, I think the best role for him is 10-15 minutes off the bench. Right now, he's in Sterling Brown's way who is a much better player.

Wes was pretty good last night in a big win against Utah. 5-8 from beyond the arc, 19 points. He was especially good in the 3rd quarter. Giannis playing like the MVP, 2nd 50-point game of his career. Encouraging to hear that Middleton is ahead of schedule and participating in 5-on-5. 8 straight wins and sitting at 14-3. Pretty darn good.

Most top teams have two stars or marquee players. The Bucks don't, it's really Giannis and a bunch of good complimentary players.
    The Bucks are 12-1 in November, with most of those wins coming with a starting lineup of Wes, DiVencenzo, Bledsoe, Lopez and Giannis. Right now Giannis is playing better than his MVP season. Just amazing to watch.

Wes did have a great night. He was rolling from 3 and kept the Bucks in that game.

Fun times in Milwaukee with this group, and our run is without Middleton too. The next five games are very winnable too.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but a NBA finals with the Bucks and Lakers be great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Most top teams have two stars or marquee players. The Bucks don't, it's really Giannis and a bunch of good complimentary players.
    The Bucks are 12-1 in November, with most of those wins coming with a starting lineup of Wes, DiVencenzo, Bledsoe, Lopez and Giannis. Right now Giannis is playing better than his MVP season. Just amazing to watch.

Wes did have a great night. He was rolling from 3 and kept the Bucks in that game.

Fun times in Milwaukee with this group, and our run is without Middleton too. The next five games are very winnable too.

I'm getting ahead of myself, but a NBA finals with the Bucks and Lakers be great to watch.
    I was looking at the schedule, two big tests in the near future. 12/6 against the Clippers and 12/19 against the Lakers, both at Fiserv. Hopefully Kawhi, Paul George, LeBron, AD, Giannis and Middleton all play in those games.