Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shake Shack

Shake Shack

I just secured lunch and two shakes from Shake Shack. There were many MU fans in the joint (and one former MU player). Of course, game discussions ensued among people who did not know each other! I would have gone to Real Chili today but for the Shake Shack deal--so the promotion is working well.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I just secured lunch and two shakes from Shake Shack. There were many MU fans in the joint (and one former MU player). Of course, game discussions ensued among people who did not know each other! I would have gone to Real Chili today but for the Shake Shack deal--so the promotion is working well.
    Do you think the promotion drives enough traffic to that single location to pay for the overall costs of the promotion (including whatever they pay the FF for the screen ads)?

My guess is they lose money on the promotion with the hope of return business.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    My guess is they lose money on the promotion with the hope of return business.
    Again, it’s a single location in the 3rd ward that the vast majority of MU fans probably never get near much less go out of their way to get there. Doubt they get much repeat business from the promotion. But, it is a crowd pleaser and FT shooter rattler!

Whether it is successful or not depends on the cost to Shake Shack of each free shake. I have to think it is relatively small and that it is offset by the profit from food ordered with the shake. Of the MU fans in today--me plus at least 6 others--all ordered lunch so it may well be the shake cost is a small deduction from profit generated by the accompanying food. Since it appears to drive traffic, that food would not have been otherwise purchased. Greatly profitable? Of course not. But somewhat profitable and a good advertising vehicle? Likely.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

They should spend their advertising money the same way the best BBQ joint in Los Angeles did...

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by IWB View Post
    They should spend their advertising money the same way the best BBQ joint in Los Angeles did...

What is this from? That’s hilarious.

I was sitting on a plane a few weeks ago listening to the guys in front of me talk. One was an exec from Chik-Fil-A who was talking about their promotion giving away free sandwiches. A definite money maker. Gets people in the door, they almost always buy something else, and they might come back. As I got off, I told him I used one of his coupons. He asked if I bought anything with it. I said no, as I am a cheap bastard and all I wanted was the sandwich. I did not mention that I typically avoid paying $2 for a cup of flavored water. He said thanks and noted that I am an outlier. I have to think that this is a killer for Shake Shack. The shakes cost them little, they draw people in who spend enough to pay for it, they get their name out there, and somebody probably gets courtside seats out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejohn View Post
    I was sitting on a plane a few weeks ago listening to the guys in front of me talk. One was an exec from Chik-Fil-A who was talking about their promotion giving away free sandwiches. A definite money maker. Gets people in the door, they almost always buy something else, and they might come back. As I got off, I told him I used one of his coupons. He asked if I bought anything with it. I said no, as I am a cheap bastard and all I wanted was the sandwich. I did not mention that I typically avoid paying $2 for a cup of flavored water. He said thanks and noted that I am an outlier. I have to think that this is a killer for Shake Shack. The shakes cost them little, they draw people in who spend enough to pay for it, they get their name out there, and somebody probably gets courtside seats out of the deal.
    There is just one Shake Shack location and its in an area where not many regularly spend time. I certainly did not spend the gas money and the time to get there. I suppose some who work in the area or have reason to be there might have gone to get the shake. Chick-Fil-A just has far different dynamics going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    There is just one Shake Shack location and its in an area where not many regularly spend time. I certainly did not spend the gas money and the time to get there. I suppose some who work in the area or have reason to be there might have gone to get the shake. Chick-Fil-A just has far different dynamics going for it.
    Not many people spend time in the Third Ward? It's crawling with young, Marquette alumni. I was down at the Ale House last Saturday after the MU game, and there was blue and gold all over the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast