Thread: OT MU volleyball with a huge win at 9th ranked BYU tonight

OT MU volleyball with a huge win at 9th ranked BYU tonight

Won in 4 sets and really dominated them in 2 of them. BYU won the first set......they win 98% of their home matches when winning the first set.

Broke their 26 match home winning streak.........maybe BYU is overrated.....we will find out....but MU looked great.......could be the best MU team in program history.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Won in 4 sets and really dominated them in 2 of them. BYU won the first set......they win 98% of their home matches when winning the first set.

Broke their 26 match home winning streak.........maybe BYU is overrated.....we will find out....but MU looked great.......could be the best MU team in program history.
    And this after the coach left a couple years back and the best player transferred. Quite a program that has been built.

Last weekend at their preseason picnic, I told the team they had elite 8 talent this season. Also told them I fully expected them to beat BYU. This is a very talented and deep team. 2nd team would take 3rd in the Big East behind MU and Creighton. Was a very competitive three weeks of practice. Had extra practice time before their trip to Europe and unlike basketball, actually played some really talented teams in Europe.

I would expect, barring injury, they would again host a first and second round tournament game and possibly be ranked to the point they wouldn't have to play a top 4 seed in the round of 16. I'll take my chances in that match to get to the elite 8. This is a special group. I think they are finally believing they belong with the top teams in the country, which is a good thing because their pre-conference schedule is brutal. Bring on Bucky!