Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Upon hearing of this trade news, the NBA Rules Committee immediately announced that games will now be played with two basketballs instead of one.
    I would not want to be the coach in Houston.

Haven't heard anything on Korver. I think he would be a great addition to the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I would not want to be the coach in Houston.

Haven't heard anything on Korver. I think he would be a great addition to the Bucks.
    Kawhi announced his decision last Saturday (early AM). I am sure Korver is being heavily courted. The Bucks wanted to trade for him last season. Korver is from California, and had great success with LeBron.

However, his best season was under Mike Budenholder (14-15). All-Star Reserve. I am sure the respective teams are working hard right now. Can LA get out of the West? With Korver, Bucks are favorite in the East.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 07-13-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Kyle Korver agrees to a 1 year contract with the Bucks. Great leadership and depth move.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Kyle Korver agrees to a 1 year contract with the Bucks. Great leadership and depth move.
    Great news! This was big. Bucks will be able to stretch the floor nicely with Korver, Matthews and Middleton.

He is what the Bucks needed, a top line 3 point shooter. That is a skill set we really needed in the playoffs.

Giannis drives and dishes to another weapon. Our team and playing in the East should enable Kover to play reasonable minutes in the regular season to ensure he has his legs in the playoffs.

I really thought losing Redick was a big loss for Philly. They have a lot of skilled players, but Redick was their knock down three point shooter. Our getting Korver not only helps the Bucks, but it also takes another chip away from Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    Pretty important role? The only objective factor, the numbers, absolutely destroy your argument but here goes. Wes had a PER of 10.37 last year and a VA of -1.5 while Sterling Brown had a PER of 10.93 and a VA of 6.7. Wes shot 9-30 in the playoffs last year and had the lowest PER of any SG averaging 25MPG or more in the league in the entire 2019 playoffs. SB started playoff games in Brogdon's absence all while DD was proving every chance he was given that he couldn't shoot all year long so I think it's a moot point that SB at a minimum begins the year ahead of DD on the depth chart. This and you're saying 33 year old George Hill's production is going to go up with additional minutes? Since when do 30+ year old, non superstar players get better with more minutes in the NBA? Not many NBA insiders would argue with me that Brogdon's D and is solidly above average and much better than an about to be 33 year old, declining Wes Matthews' D.

Step away from the MU connection and you'll realize this was a depth move, not a move for Wes to play big minutes and the fact that he signed for the league minimum seems to validate that point. Zero risk for the Bucks and if he's fallen off the cliff by the time training camp rolls around, very easy to move on.
    Destroyed? Care to reevaluate now that the season is over?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678