Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.I.'s Draft Guide

Will be interesting to see if the Bucks actually make their pick this year, or if they trade it along with someone like Snell to salary dump to resign guys.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Will be interesting to see if the Bucks actually make their pick this year, or if they trade it along with someone like Snell to salary dump to resign guys.
    I've been thinking that as a very real possibility too.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Interesting draft information. Thanks for posting Caribou.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I don't think the Bucks can actually trade their first rounder this year. They owe one to Phoenix for Bledsoe, and one to Cleveland for the Henson/Delly salary dump. I suppose it is theoretically possible that they could have a deal in place for a player that another team wants, and then trade him along with Snell, but that is a long shot at best.

To me the bottom line is the Bucks have to hit on this draft pick and find a guy that is on a cheap rookie scale deal that can contribute down the road.

Also since the Bucks basically have traded most of their second round picks, I would not be shocked if they bought one from a team like the Celtics that has an abundance of picks. The going rate for second round picks is typically 2.5 million in cash.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 06-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Starting with the draft, it is going to be an interesting few weeks for the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Starting with the draft, it is going to be an interesting few weeks for the Bucks.
    I love watching the NBA draft - 2 rounds - one night. Just wish we could have that nervous feeling of anticipating when the MU guy(s) get picked, although MU has never had 2 guys picked in one draft since they went to 2 rounds correct?

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    I love watching the NBA draft - 2 rounds - one night. Just wish we could have that nervous feeling of anticipating when the MU guy(s) get picked, although MU has never had 2 guys picked in one draft since they went to 2 rounds correct?
    I too enjoy the draft night, and with all of the teams angling this year for cap space to sign free agents, this draft could get interesting.

Correct Caribou, you can't trade draft picks in consecutive years, and if the Bucks are not in the top 7 next year, the pick goes to Phoenix. Not sure what the rule is if the Bucks draft a player and then trade him.

According to this site, Crowder and DJO were both 2nd rounders in 2012.

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...e/68/nba-draft

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I too enjoy the draft night, and with all of the teams angling this year for cap space to sign free agents, this draft could get interesting.

Correct Caribou, you can't trade draft picks in consecutive years, and if the Bucks are not in the top 7 next year, the pick goes to Phoenix. Not sure what the rule is if the Bucks draft a player and then trade him.

According to this site, Crowder and DJO were both 2nd rounders in 2012.

https://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/c...e/68/nba-draft
    You can get good players in second round. Brogdon for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Basically they would have to make the pick on behalf of whatever team they agreed to trade with, then after the pick is made they can finalize the trade and that will satisfy the requirements of that rule.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast