Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's an uphill battle Ganzer...

When did Mal Dodds coach at Tosa East?

Today, it's far easier to be a critic than to create something. Anyone with a brain should applaud IWB for taking the risks and following his passion to create the Pro-Am. The results benefit the players and fans, whereas the results of the critics' snarky comments give the haters and uninformed a few fleeting moments of joy.

Mal Dodds coached Tosa East late '60's through mid '70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Let's talk historically. There have always been summer basketball forums in Milwaukee--though they wax and wane. When I was a kid, the go to spot was Hart Park. As Doddsy has said many times, that was where we met. His dad, Mal Dodds, basketball coach at Tosa East, along with Warren Cartier who was the coach at Tosa West, ran the Hart Park games. I went to Hart Park to try to get into games with the younger guys when the high school guys had not yet arrived. The marque matchups were the high school guys. The great players there were Allie McGuire, Ace Vollmer, Willie Rimmer and Greg "Pope" Johnson. It was a big deal when Jim Chones would show up. When Chones and McGuire played, there were fans in attendance. I remember Hank would come and in the recesses of my mind, I think Al may have been there from time to time. Majerus for sure. So how is that any different than the ProAm? There is nothing wrong with playground basketball in the summer. In fact, it is pretty entertaining--what is wrong with that? Can you imagine how big the ProAm would be right now if DWade had played in it when he was at MU? The haters can go eff themelves--they have no appreciation for basketball.

it would be a whole different discussion if Bo actually let his players play in the pro-am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12