Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Bucks didn't look good last night and still took Toronto to two overtimes. Based on the previous series, it seems like Toronto (and Philly for that matter) play one good, then one down game.
    Hopefully that means the Bucks pick up a W in the next game and come back home looking to close it out in 5.

I think we will see a really focused Bucks team tomorrow and we pick up a double digit win.
    That game proved to me just how good the Bucks really are. Your best three players had terrible games, and they still took a talented team that was in desperation mode to double overtime. Toronto will come out hot tomorrow. If Bucks can stay close through the initial wave, I think they win convincingly.

I was pretty hot after that game last night, but I gotta think this is a speedbump.

Midds and Bledsoe are not trending well, which is a huge concern. Bled especially.

After a poor game, Giannis usually has a great game. He was still great on the boards despite struggling to score. Needs to keep finding open teammates if they send 2 or 3 guys at him. Agree with the previous sentiments, that it took 2 OTs at home for Toronto to win their first game in the series. Not exactly confidence building. I still think Milwaukee is the better and deeper team. I will give Toronto credit for what appeared to be better defense. However, some of it was just the Bucks missing shots they usually make. Bledsoe needs to get in the lane more, settled too often for a 3-point shot.

Toronto needs to win 3 of the next possible 4 games to win the series. Bucks only lost 2 games in a row, once all season. That was an entertaining game, but hopefully the Bucks can pull off a relatively comfortable win tomorrow night.

Joe Borgia (VP of Replay and Referee Operations), says Giannis did not travel on the controversial move last night. 3rd video down in the article. I think it is just rare to see a player be able to cover so much ground in two strides (and change direction).

https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/...disappointment
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-20-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I hope the Bucks can come back from this. I could see Toronto taking this now in 6 or 7.

They're in big trouble. Lucky to be tied. Toronto has outplayed them for most of the series.

Starting to look like a series where nobody can win on the road. Similar to Milwaukee/Boston last season. Role players are always comfortable at home. I was fine with the game 3 loss, but tonight, the Bucks were just bad.

Defensive lapses, leaving players wide open beyond the arc (Lowry, Powell). Sloppy turnovers. Uncharacteristic of this team. Might be time to leave Giannis on Leonard permanently come late 3rd and into the 4th quarter. Too many other Raptors making Milwaukee pay.

Frustrating, but Toronto was as bad or worse in Milwaukee than the Bucks were in Toronto. Best of 3 with 2 in Milwaukee. Series doesn't start until someone wins on the road.

Nice to see Giannis and Bledsoe get recognized on the NBA All-Defensive 1st Team. Well deserved. I would like to see Bledsoe clamp down on Lowry a bit more. He did a great job on Harden the two times they played, no reason he can't shut down Lowry. I think the Bucks also gave Kawhi too much respect in game 4, leaving other guys wide open. I hope Bud puts Giannis on Kawhi down the stretch (late 3rd and 4th) if Giannis is not in foul trouble. Big game tonight, the Forum should be rocking. I hope Aaron Rodgers shows up and at some point massages Bud's shoulders .

https://www.nba.com/bucks/news/giann...ive-first-team

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I hope Aaron Rodgers shows up and at some point massages Bud's shoulders .

https://www.nba.com/bucks/news/giann...ive-first-team
    Now that was good.

Bucks need to step up the D tonight and have better shot selection. Start Giannis off the ball so the D can't focus on him starting at the top of the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Now that was good.

Bucks need to step up the D tonight and have better shot selection. Start Giannis off the ball so the D can't focus on him starting at the top of the key.
    Couple things.
    1) Hopefully Bledsoe making first team all defense helps with his confidence, and he can make an impact tonight on that side of the floor by shutting down Lowry/VanVleet.
    2) Last game Bucks double teamed Kawhi a lot, he was clearly limited and seemed to make the Bucks pay with that double team by finding open guys. I think the Bucks should start the game not double teaming Kawhi. I.E. Let him get what he can but play tougher defense on the other guys.
    3) Hopefully some home cooking will make some of the Bucks three pointers go down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast