Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Raptors

Let Kawhi have his for the most part and restrict the rest of the team. Take turns denying Kawhi on every possession and really make him work. Make him work baseline to baseline and rotate Middleton, Brogdan, Connaughton, Giannis on him, and maybe even a couple minutes for Wilson.

What a disappointing loss. 6 points for Middleton, MIA. Mirotic also MIA. Double digit lead in the 3rd quarter, but always let Toronto back in it. A team that usually rebounds well, was bad on the defensive glass. Van Vleet was something like 3-26 in the previous 2 rounds, but goes 7-9 from 3 tonight. Refs were poor, Lowry and Leonard love flopping/flailing and the refs bite.

Sure feels like Toronto will rap it up in game 6. Can only hope for a chance down the stretch like in game 3. If there is any hope, it would be that something similar happens to what did in the 2001 Eastern Conference semis against Charlotte. Bucks also won the first 2 at home, then lost by double digits in games 3 and 4. Charlotte then won game 5 in Milwaukee. The Bucks then found a way to come back from double digits and win game 6 in Charlotte. Then won game 7 back in Milwaukee.

Have to be better on the defensive glass and better ball movement/shot selection.

Just got back from the game. Very disappointing. Potentially franchise altering loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Just got back from the game. Very disappointing. Potentially franchise altering loss.
    I said to a friend last night that they're probably a year early, but the way the roster is constructed, this had to be the year.

Middleton... I don't know, man. Can you afford to give that guy max money with how he's performed this postseason? I know Giannis wants him here, and you want to keep Giannis happy going into next summer, but that type of deal could really hamstring them.

Lopez is gonna get a big deal from someone, and I'm guessing Brogdon will as well. Probably can only afford to keep one of them. Maybe both if you dump Snell's contract, but that'll require a pick, so you're more or less forfeiting the draft for the next 3 years. Can't keep Hill at 18M, so he's gone. Maybe keep Niko on the cheap if possible.

I guess my rambling point is that yes, it's absolutely a franchise altering loss. It became clear early that this was the year to make some noise and make it out of the East. To blow a 2-0 lead in such spectacular fashion, going into a ton of uncertainty in the offseason is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    I said to a friend last night that they're probably a year early, but the way the roster is constructed, this had to be the year.

Middleton... I don't know, man. Can you afford to give that guy max money with how he's performed this postseason? I know Giannis wants him here, and you want to keep Giannis happy going into next summer, but that type of deal could really hamstring them.

Lopez is gonna get a big deal from someone, and I'm guessing Brogdon will as well. Probably can only afford to keep one of them. Maybe both if you dump Snell's contract, but that'll require a pick, so you're more or less forfeiting the draft for the next 3 years. Can't keep Hill at 18M, so he's gone. Maybe keep Niko on the cheap if possible.

I guess my rambling point is that yes, it's absolutely a franchise altering loss. It became clear early that this was the year to make some noise and make it out of the East. To blow a 2-0 lead in such spectacular fashion, going into a ton of uncertainty in the offseason is not good.
    Very disappointing. For the first 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter we scored 2 points. Put up even 12 points or so in that span and we have a runaway game. Had plenty of chances and didn't take advantage. Hoping we can get this to a game 7.

I've been saying all year Middleton is not a max deal guy. Someone may give it to him, but shouldn't be the Bucks.
    If Middleton wants $30 mil, I bet you could keep Lopez, Hill and Mirotic for close to that same amount.

Bucks will decline the $18 mil for Hill, the question is will he stay for $8 - $10 mil? Lopez fits perfect, is that worth taking $10 mil over $13 or higher elsewhere? Mirotic loves MKE and makes about $12. Both he and Lopez have been on bad teams. Will they want to stay for a few less dollars to play on a winner, and with a stat that doesn't have a crazy ego? Who knows.

Too many teams freed up cap space. More slots than players at this point, so someone will overpay for Middleton.

Let's hit our shots, play some D, and get a win at Toronto and see what happens in a game 7.

I think whomever wins tonight, will do it in blowout fashion.

No sugarcoating it, really tough as a Bucks fan, winning the first two and then losing the next 4. Disclaimer, positive spin here, but Jordan didn't win his first playoff series while going to the NBA Finals in the same year. Giannis is 24, and this will motivate him to round out his game during the summer.

Great comment from Coach Bud in the post-game presser: "This hurts. We feel like we are just getting started. This is the beginning of our journey." No more leaking roof at the Cousins Center (practice facility). State-of-the-art arena and practice facility (and entertainment district). Bucks are a desirable franchise now.

I think you let Mirotic walk, DJ Wilson is the same size with much more potential as a 2-way player. Donte DiVincenzo, keep reading/hearing the Bucks are high on him. As we know, 6'5" player that can shoot with great athleticism. Keep Lopez and Brogdon. Might have to let Middleton walk if a franchise throws max or near max money at him. Make Middleton a reasonble/respectable offer, and then leave it up to him.

I agree with coach Bud, with Giannis (24) not even in his prime yet, they are just getting started.

This is all temporary until Giannis signs that extension. That's why this stings so much. They leveraged a lot to win this year and still came up short.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    This is all temporary until Giannis signs that extension. That's why this stings so much. They leveraged a lot to win this year and still came up short.
    I would push back on that. "Leveraged" would insinuate that the Bucks took on (assumed) multi-year deals to make a push to win it all. Quite the contrary, Henson (multiple years left) and Dellavedova (multiple years left) turned into Hill, an expiring contract. Maker turned into Mirotic, expiring contract. Middleton has a player option, which if exercised, would clearly be under market value. Lopez's contract is expiring, playing for the bargain priced bi-annual exception. Brogdon is a restricted free agent, Bucks can match any offer.

Bottom line, Bucks are not stuck with long-term, bad contracts. I think Wilson (affordable rookie pay scale) replaces Mirotic. DiVincenzo (affordable rookie pay scale) replaces Hill (would love to keep him).
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-26-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast