Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
I said to a friend last night that they're probably a year early, but the way the roster is constructed, this had to be the year.

Middleton... I don't know, man. Can you afford to give that guy max money with how he's performed this postseason? I know Giannis wants him here, and you want to keep Giannis happy going into next summer, but that type of deal could really hamstring them.

Lopez is gonna get a big deal from someone, and I'm guessing Brogdon will as well. Probably can only afford to keep one of them. Maybe both if you dump Snell's contract, but that'll require a pick, so you're more or less forfeiting the draft for the next 3 years. Can't keep Hill at 18M, so he's gone. Maybe keep Niko on the cheap if possible.

I guess my rambling point is that yes, it's absolutely a franchise altering loss. It became clear early that this was the year to make some noise and make it out of the East. To blow a 2-0 lead in such spectacular fashion, going into a ton of uncertainty in the offseason is not good.
Very disappointing. For the first 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter we scored 2 points. Put up even 12 points or so in that span and we have a runaway game. Had plenty of chances and didn't take advantage. Hoping we can get this to a game 7.

I've been saying all year Middleton is not a max deal guy. Someone may give it to him, but shouldn't be the Bucks.
If Middleton wants $30 mil, I bet you could keep Lopez, Hill and Mirotic for close to that same amount.

Bucks will decline the $18 mil for Hill, the question is will he stay for $8 - $10 mil? Lopez fits perfect, is that worth taking $10 mil over $13 or higher elsewhere? Mirotic loves MKE and makes about $12. Both he and Lopez have been on bad teams. Will they want to stay for a few less dollars to play on a winner, and with a stat that doesn't have a crazy ego? Who knows.

Too many teams freed up cap space. More slots than players at this point, so someone will overpay for Middleton.

Let's hit our shots, play some D, and get a win at Toronto and see what happens in a game 7.