Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Horford gives the Bucks all sorts of trouble in covering the high ball screen.
    Welp.

Excited to see what Bud has up his sleeve for this.
    Narrator: "There was nothing up his sleeve."

Wake up call, no longer playing the Pistons. Giannis was awful. Bledsoe was irrelevant, need him to play like he has all season. Horford played as well as he is capable of.

Boston shot very well, there will be games when they are not hitting. Unusual mental mistakes on defense. Interested to see how they respond on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Wake up call, no longer playing the Pistons. Giannis was awful. Bledsoe was irrelevant, need him to play like he has all season. Horford played as well as he is capable of.

Boston shot very well, there will be games when they are not hitting. Unusual mental mistakes on defense. Interested to see how they respond on Tuesday.
    Outplayed and out coached. I sure hope it was a wakeup call. Look forward to seeing how they respond on Tuesday.

Either nothing was changed, or they were ignoring Bud. I can't believe they kept chasing over on Hayward and Irving, while dropping on Horford. They had opportunities to switch but didn't. So bizarre.

Either nothing was changed, or they were ignoring Bud. I can't believe they kept chasing over on Hayward and Irving, while dropping on Horford. They had opportunities to switch but didn't. So bizarre.
    Bucks don't play a switching defense. Boston took advantage of that. The Bucks need to try to push the pace in game 2 and have some transition looks. Bledsoe has to drive to the hole. They need to revert back to what got them here. Guys were tentative shooting.

Now that's more like it! Much better defense and intensity by the Bucks in game 2. Middleton was fantastic, 7-10 from beyond the arc. I thought he was the catalyst tonight in the 2nd quarter. Bledsoe was playing downhill and probing like Tony Parker/Steve Nash. Need that to continue in Boston.

Interesting stat. Celtics won the 3rd quarter of game one 36-21. Bucks won the 3rd quarter of game two 39-18. Needless to say, 3rd quarters have been crucial. Try to get both in Boston now, but at least one to make it a best-of-three (with 2 in Milwaukee). Brogdon back for game 3?

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Bucks don't play a switching defense. Boston took advantage of that.
    Credit to Bud, he had them switching 1-4 and it paid off. Forced Boston into a bunch of tough shots.

Friday is gonna be a war. I think if the Bucks win Game 3 they take the series.

Credit to Bud, he had them switching 1-4 and it paid off. Forced Boston into a bunch of tough shots.

Friday is gonna be a war. I think if the Bucks win Game 3 they take the series.
    I hope you are right, great win. I'll be honest. I had my doubts (or paranoia), after going 0 for 4 last year in the playoffs at Boston. However, last year we didn't have Lopez, Hill, Mirotic, Connaughton or Budenholzer. Last season was all Giannis and Middleton with some moments of Brogdon. Bledsoe still struggles at TD Garden.

Bucks are playing with house money heading into game 4. I hope they come out with the same killer instinct. #1 defensive rating is coming to the forefront.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Credit to Budenholzer on one major adjustment (other than switching ball screens). Mirotic (6'10") for Brown (6'5") in the starting lineup. Bucks' starting lineup became Bledsoe (6'1", 6'8" wingspan), Middleton (6'8", 6'11" wingspan), Mirotic (6'10", 7'0" wingspan), Giannis (6'11", 7'3" wingspan), Lopez (7'0", 7'6" wingspan). All with good lateral mobility.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast