Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TJ Taylor leaves MU

My prediction TJ Taylor to North Texas to play for Coach Benford. Girlfriend moves to Denton. Case closed. Good luck. TJ we hardly knew yah except for those Twitter posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaWarrior View Post
    My prediction TJ Taylor to North Texas to play for Coach Benford. Girlfriend moves to Denton. Case closed. Good luck. TJ we hardly knew yah except for those Twitter posts.
    TJ will be a monster at that level (even C-USA). Also, Rob Dauster is awesome, but he is off the ball here as everyone around the program was high on Taylor's potential and he would have played this year and good chance to start after that (even if all ends up well with Mayo).

I have no clue to Rob Dauster is, but his reporting is dangerously inappropriate. He mentions Durley, but fails to mention that MU had room due to the Jones transfer. Furthermore, we already have room for Nunn. This is creating a controversy where none exists.

You think it's the norm to have situations like Durley, Taylor, Maymon, Smith, Newbill, and Roseborro? That is 6 guys in the last 3 years who either never made it to campus(Newbill/Durely) left after a few weeks(Roseborro/Taylor) or bailed less then halfway through 1 year (Maymon/Smith).

How many top programs have had that many "situations" in only 2 or 3 years? I'm not talking about transfers like Jones or Eric Williams....every school has a few of those.

Quote Originally Posted by kneelb4zerg View Post
    Please explain how MU has so much more turnover than anywhere else in the country. This is just par for the course in my opinion.
    Last edited by Markedman; 07-18-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    You think it's the norm to have situations like Durley, Taylor, Maymon, Smith, Newbill, and Roseborro? That is 6 guys in the last 3 years who either never made it to campus(Newbill/Durely) left after a few weeks(Roseborro/Taylor) or bailed less then halfway through 1 year (Maymon/Smith).

How many top programs have had that many "situations" in only 2 or 3 years? I'm not talking about transfers like Jones or Eric Williams....every school has a few of those.
    I don't know one way or the other, but why the distinction between transfers after a few years and quicker transfers? Why is one worse than the other, or bad at all? I'd rather have guys here who want to be here and have the work ethic to cut it, better they figure it out sooner than waste a bunch of time in a bad situation.

We really need to have a couple years without all this turnover. This is getting embarrassing...? Yes, there is a 40% turnover in 2 years natiionally, but we are well beyond that...? Hope Todd comes back to stem the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    We really need to have a couple years without all this turnover. This is getting embarrassing...? Yes, there is a 40% turnover in 2 years natiionally, but we are well beyond that...? Hope Todd comes back to stem the tide.
    Again, I don't understand this mentality. Go ahead and be embarrassed, I'm embarrassed that MU fans are embarrassed. They are college kids, who knows what goes through their minds?

I agree that college kids can be hard to gauge and sometimes hard to control, but most other schools aren't having issues like this at as high of a frequency as we are. Now that being said, I don't think Buzz should be fired, or anything crazy like that. I just think Buzz needs to find a way to cut down on some of this, some of these he has no control over and the kid does something stupid, but the Durley, Newbill, and Roseboro situations I have to think we could do a better job avoiding. I think with more experience Buzz will handle these things better and this will be a none issue. As for this specific situation none of us know the real reasons so we can't really judge.

The only ones that really bother me are the ones that are staff initiated...like Roseboro, Newbill and supposedly Durley.

It certainly appears that this defection wasn't staff initiated. On the surface, this just seems to be a case of a really immature kid. I place none of the fault for his departure at Buzz' feet.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast