Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TJ Taylor leaves MU

Wow - taking some digs at Buzz.

When you have this much turnover it's not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Pretty wild. I knew there were some issues, but did not see this coming. Playing shorthanded has become an MU way of life.
    I didn't expect this, but can't say I'm surprised.

There better be more to this than his damn girlfriend back in Texas and him being homesick.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Wow - taking some digs at Buzz.
    Pretty crazy to assume that Kendrick Nunn is a done-deal and connecting the dots that is the reason why Taylor's scholarship was "pulled." For the record, I don't think this is in any way Buzz pulling a scholarship, just how it comes off from this author.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Warrior View Post
    Pretty crazy to assume that Kendrick Nunn is a done-deal and connecting the dots that is the reason why Taylor's scholarship was "pulled." For the record, I don't think this is in any way Buzz pulling a scholarship, just how it comes off from this author.
    Thinking Buzz pushed him out the door is ridiculous and not even worth acknowledging. TJ would have helped this year.

No question about it...no way Buzz wanted to be shorthanded again.

I obviously don't know why he left but all of this turnover is just not good. It's one thing if a kid comes and competes for 2 years like Jones and then leaves for more playing time. It's another when for the 3rd or 4th time a kid leaves after a few weeks or never even makes it to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Thinking Buzz pushed him out the door is ridiculous and not even worth acknowledging. TJ would have helped this year.
    Agree. But we are closer to the program. This doorknob throws this out to the public with his spin on it so others not as close to the program have no reason to question his side, BS.

This episode brings up the question on twitter usage by athletes. Most pro-athletes have somewhat of a grasp that they are being watched by tons of judging individuals and thus keep their feeds to basic, safe, and cliche type stuff.

Some of the guys on the MU team have it down and outside of lyrics they like it's mostly retweeting and offering support type of things (Jae, DJO, and VB have it down). Is this PR taught or controlled by MU in anyway? I'm was convinced Juan didn't talk to people except through twitter last year and TJ's usage this year was ominous from the get go (I followed him for the past 4 or 5 months).

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    No question about it...no way Buzz wanted to be shorthanded again.

I obviously don't know why he left but all of this turnover is just not good. It's one thing if a kid comes and competes for 2 years like Jones and then leaves for more playing time. It's another when for the 3rd or 4th time a kid leaves after a few weeks or never even makes it to campus.
    Please explain how MU has so much more turnover than anywhere else in the country. This is just par for the course in my opinion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast