Thread: I Have To Post This

I Have To Post This

I just met with one of my ACT students in a one-on-one session, and I asked her what colleges she is looking at. As we're talking she shared something one of her teachers told her. Maybe you've heard this before, but it's the first time I've heard it.

Question: How do you know if someone goes to Notre Dame?

Answer: Because the first thing the person will say to you is that he (she) attends Notre Dame.

Cracked me up. Hit the arrogance nail on the head.

Al Mcguire used to say: "A Notre Dame graduate will pick his nose while you're watching just so you see his class ring"

That one I've heard.

Man, I miss the MU-ND rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    That one I've heard.

Man, I miss the MU-ND rivalry.
    When MU coexisted in the BE I often checked out the ND b-ball board - The Pit @ NDNation. Years ago, I posted a thread they had on who their #1 historical rivalry was and the strong consensus was Marquette. Overall they certainly respected MU's program - very rarely dissed MU.

I too miss that rivalry - didn't miss a game - both home and away those years we coexisted - same goes for Syracuse.

I recall someone saying that Brey is the one who is not interested - not sure why.

True story

In the year 1999 my partner and I sold a company to a Chicago based corporation. As we drove down to close the deal with the other firm our attorney mentioned that one of the attorneys we would be meeting with graduated from ND.....and would likely make sure to mention it.

We get there......I go over to grab a beverage in the conference room......a guy walks up to also grab something.....and without prompting says he is really tired because he had a long weekend visiting his daughter......who attends ND.....she has carried on the family tradition because of course he also was a graduate.

We had been there for about 10 minutes.

I looked over at my attorney who was smiling as he listened to the exchange.