View Poll Results: What is Joseph's grade?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

0 0%
  • C

4 22.22%
  • D

14 77.78%

Thread: Today:Joseph Chartouny

Today:Joseph Chartouny

I rough year for Joseph. I give him credit since it seems like he ctually wanted to get is master's degree.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

F. Good teammate, but totally overwhelmed as the season went along as he is just too slow and deliberate in his play.

I would give Joe a C minus. (As of now, the other four votes are all some sort of D.)

To me a C minus means a little below average while a D means "poor."

Joe ended up basically as the 8th man in the rotation, but had Greg not been hurt, he'd have been 9th, which is probably where he should have been (9th or 10th).

When he committed to MU, I posted that I expected him to start at point guard and get maybe 24-25 mpg. I am guessing that both Joe and Wojo had similar expectations.

But it soon became evident he was not a starting guard at a high-major level.

Against IU he had 0 points and 1 assist in 17 minutes.

Against KU he again had 0 points - though he did have an impressive 8 assists - in 28 minutes.

Against Louisville he had 0 points in 22 minutes,

Against K-State he had 2 points in 24 minutes - though he did have 5 assists.

Against the Badgers he had 0 points in 17 minutes.

That's a total of 2 points in 98 minutes against our five high major non-con opponents.

That being said, he did have a solid game against Buffalo and another solid game to start BE play against St. John's.

After that St. John's game his minutes dropped, and by the end of the year he usually saw single-digit minutes.

Over our last 20 games he shot 11 of 26 (42.3%) but he averaged only 1.5 ppg in 9.4 mpg, and he had 17 assists to 16 turnovers.

On the other end of the court, JC worked hard, but his lack of quickness made it difficult for him to stay in front of his man.

I was hoping Joe would turn out to be the equivalent of Junior Cadougan, maybe even a tad better given his stats at Fordham. But he was what he was. A solid mid-major player and a decent ninth or 10th or 11th man on a high-major team. Unfortunately, our lack of depth at guard, especially once Greg decided to red-shirt, forced Joe into the role of 8th man.

He is a solid citizen and will be a good representative of Marquette going forward. That should not be underrated. In judging Joe I think it's best to look toward the future in the larger world. He will reflect positively on the school no matter where his career leads.

Great kid, not a high-major player.
    #BringShakaHome