View Poll Results: How do you grade Joey HAuser for the season?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

16 64.00%
  • C

9 36.00%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%

Thread: Post Season Player Grades

Post Season Player Grades

I am going to post a poll every day for player grades on the season. Please don't downgrade guys the next few days because of our disappointing loss to Murray State. I will start with frosh up to seniors and finish with coaches.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Solid B. Had a lot of freshman moments, and was battling the foot all season. But gave them much needed floor spacing.

Absolutely has to get stronger, body and hands. Lost too many rebounds and got stripped too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Solid B. Had a lot of freshman moments, and was battling the foot all season. But gave them much needed floor spacing.

Absolutely has to get stronger, body and hands. Lost too many rebounds and got stripped too many times.
    Agreed.

The first eight games games of BE play Joey averaged 13.4 ppg and scored in double figures in seven of the eight games. In those eight games he shot 54.5% from the field (35 of 62), including 18 of 32 treys (56.3%).

The final 13 games of the season he averaged 7.5 ppg and scored in double figures only three times. In those final 13 games he shot 32 of 90 for 35.6% including 12 of 39 (30.8%) on treys.

For that eight-game stretch I would give Joey an A minus as he still had issues on defense. For the final 13 games, I would give him a C minus.

For the season I would give him a B minus, which, in all honesty, is more than I'd anticipated prior to the start of the season. The problem is that BE opponents started to figure out how to defend Joey. I think his range took them by surprise the first time around the league.

Joey seems like a terrific kid, and I'm damn glad he chose MU. But because of his limited quickness he is limited on both offense and defense. I do not envision him as a future NBA player. For his height he is an average rebounder and an above average passer, but both Bey of Nova and LeBlanc of GTown have much higher ceilings.

I would have gone C+. His decision making wasn’t all that great as well. Fortunately that is correctable over time, unlike his lack of quickness.

There have been some omparisons by some to Henry. When Henry went off as a Knick those 1-2 games, there were some high lites of his games. I was reminded that Henry is much more athletic then Joey is. Joey does, however, have a good outside shot and he can become a true inside/ outside threat.

I gave him a B based on the fact he is a frosh and made the All-BIG EAST freshman team. Tomorrow is Brendan Bailey. I will not include any walk-ons, Ike and Greg Elliot in the polling.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Solid C. Too many physical and mental mistakes. Just soft in general. Really good offensive skills and bball IQ. Really needs to get a lot stronger. Think it will happen but maybe not as fast as we all want.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Solid C. Too many physical and mental mistakes. Just soft in general. Really good offensive skills and bball IQ. Really needs to get a lot stronger. Think it will happen but maybe not as fast as we all want.
    Yeah I think his season was about what I expected.....maybe slightly below.......got into constant foul trouble in the last 7 or 8 games.....turnovers and decision making were negatives....with development of his body and normal maturity he shou,d have an excellent career.