Thread: Behind the Scenes of the Post-Oladipo Pacers: “No One’s Going to Feel Sorry for Us”

Behind the Scenes of the Post-Oladipo Pacers: “No One’s Going to Feel Sorry for Us”

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/03/05/pa...cmillian-reset

Wesley helping fill in the void...always like Nate McMillan.

Indiana has gone 9–4 since and is back up to third. You don’t replace a player like Oladipo so much as find your own way. The addition of veteran shooting guard Wesley Matthews has stabilized the rotation, keeping Evans in a reserve role while Sumner and Aaron Holiday play spot minutes. Some of the sets that went to Oladipo now go to Evans or to Matthews or to point guard Darren Collison, tailored to their talents. “I didn’t post up Victor, but I can post up Tyreke,” McMillan says. “I didn’t post up Victor, but I can post up Wesley.” In the absence of a single, explosive creator, Indiana allows even more of its offense to flow through Sabonis.

Wes made a good choice in joining the Pacers. Steps right into the starting lineup for Oladipo. I agree on McMillan, good coach. Plus, Wes and McMillan already knew each other from their days in Portland.

Big game for the Bucks tonight (7pm - TNT, FS Wisconsin). Bucks lead the season series 2-1, final game between the two teams.