Thread: Wow - Player, Coach and Gasol?

Wow - Player, Coach and Gasol?

Giannis named Eastern Conference Player of the Month

Budenholzer named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

And now the Bucks sign Pau Gasol?

Very busy day!!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Wow is right!!! Size and championship experience. Why not? RC Buford and Popovich do a solid for their guy, Budenholzer. Thank you Spurs.

4 years at $17.5 million per year not bad, especially when the cap increases in later years. Bledsoe probably could have received a larger offer in free agency, but wanted to stay with the Bucks organization. That is a good sign.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...oe-4-years-70m

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...where-wants-be

Isn't it amazing what winning does?

I think the other underrated part about this Bledsoe deal getting done early is it allows them to focus on all the other free agents, its one less person to negotiate with. With Mirotic, Hill, Middleton, Brogdon, and Lopez all being free agents too thats a lot of things going on at once with limited cap space. My guess is out of that group of 5 at least two of them won't be back. My guess is the Bucks focus on signing Lopez, Middleton, and Brogdon.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    Isn't it amazing what winning does?

I think the other underrated part about this Bledsoe deal getting done early is it allows them to focus on all the other free agents, its one less person to negotiate with. With Mirotic, Hill, Middleton, Brogdon, and Lopez all being free agents too thats a lot of things going on at once with limited cap space. My guess is out of that group of 5 at least two of them won't be back. My guess is the Bucks focus on signing Lopez, Middleton, and Brogdon.
    There are plenty of teams out there with a lot of cap space, all of which will be gunning for the top free agents. What happens when teams / GM's swing and miss on Kyrie, Durant, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, etc. Will somebody be offering Middleton crazy money?

I'd focus on Lopez and Brogdan right now and see what is available after them. If Middleton would take a discount great, if not we may be better served signing Mirotic and seeing what we can do with whatever money is left. I don't want to lose Middleton, but I also don't think he is worth a contract that will average $30 mil per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    There are plenty of teams out there with a lot of cap space, all of which will be gunning for the top free agents. What happens when teams / GM's swing and miss on Kyrie, Durant, Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, etc. Will somebody be offering Middleton crazy money?

I'd focus on Lopez and Brogdan right now and see what is available after them. If Middleton would take a discount great, if not we may be better served signing Mirotic and seeing what we can do with whatever money is left. I don't want to lose Middleton, but I also don't think he is worth a contract that will average $30 mil per season.
    Agree 100%