19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walton

12 63.16%
  • Vitale

7 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather have?

Who would you rather have?

My life: Mrs. Gato and I were having dinner at Hooters in Brookfield Thursday night. We start discussing Bill Walton. She has a perfect hoops question. Who would you rather have as a color analyst: Bill Walton or Dickie V?
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Uh, neither one.

I'd like it phrased differently

If somebody put a gun to your head and you had to pick one......Walton or Vitale?

My answer......I'll take the Bullet.....

I'd rather die. Hooters, Hooters, Hooters! Anyone?

Vitale and it is not close. Neither one gives you consistent, detailed analysis, but Vitale still can add sharp points from time to time. Walton is so far off the reservation that you totally lose track of the game.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    I'd rather die. Hooters, Hooters, Hooters! Anyone?
    Hooters. I always prefer hooters.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I prefer Walton, and actually enjoy him doing a game. I like Walton, but that is because I only have him on broadcasts and it hasn't been on a game with my team.

I might not mind Vitale as much (used to really like him) if he was doing a non Duke or non ACC game.

I prefer Walton. Loved Dickie V when he first started announcing. The he became his own caricature. Walton gets way out there at times but I do like his quirkiness. I am still in awe of his 44 point performance in NC game vs. Larry Finch and Memphis State. I will always have a soft spot for he and Kareem because of their unparalleled college game. BTW this was not written at Hooters and no wings were consumed during its writing.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

I love Bill Walton with Dave Pasch. it's must see TV for me. I love his sayings and use them in life.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I prefer Walton. Loved Dickie V when he first started announcing. The he became his own caricature. Walton gets way out there at times but I do like his quirkiness. I am still in awe of his 44 point performance in NC game vs. Larry Finch and Memphis State. I will always have a soft spot for he and Kareem because of their unparalleled college game. BTW this was not written at Hooters and no wings were consumed during its writing.
    I voted for Walton, but if they had "neither" option I probably would go with that.

I loved it when Walton was teamed with the late, great Steve "Snapper" Jones and the banter back and forth with Snapper playing the straight guy - Marv Albert was often the play by play guy. There was a nice balance of Walton's quirkiness with his mostly insightful analysis. Snapper had some great retorts too. Unfortunately, I think Walton too has become a caricature of himself - I can only take him in very, very small doses.

As a player he was something - so, so fundamentally sound both in college and the NBA. Will always associate that '77 championship with the Blazers where he was teamed with Mo Lucas with MU's championship the same year. Too bad he was so physically brittle - he would have gone down as one of the true NBA greats if not for that.

You young whippersnappers on this board really missed seeing him play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast