Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MU Campus throwback...

MU Campus throwback...

Got this one on Facebook from our Atlanta connection Chuck Augello...

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

They should of had a follow up on the State Street bar scene....

O'Paget's
    Bernie & Melba's
    Good Time Charlie's
    State House
    Goerge & Elsie's Son
    Band Box
    Green Tree
    Midget Tap
    Thoma's
    Harp & Shamrock
    The Palms
    Ricky's

My brother still has his 32 ounce plastic "Munster Cup" from O'Donoghue's on Wells. Jamie O'Donoghue has told me multiple times that he will honor it at his Elm Grove establishment - $1 for 32 ounces of Miller Lite.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by IWB View Post
    They should of had a follow up on the State Street bar scene....

O'Paget's
    Bernie & Melba's
    Good Time Charlie's
    State House
    Goerge & Elsie's Son
    Band Box
    Green Tree
    Midget Tap
    Thoma's
    Harp & Shamrock
    The Palms
    Ricky's
    Peggy's Black & Tan completely ignored. Why skip one of State Street's most revered watering holes?
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Wasn't the Talk of the Town on Wells, but a bit longer of a walk? Ardmore, was that still open when this throwback was done?

How could I forget Peggy's Black & Tan? Isn't that where Goose85 took the lead on singing I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas in, shall we say, a very not white crowd?

I believe Talk of the Town was also on Wells.

Ardmore was still open - where the parking structure is now.

I also forgot Conway's.

What about the food places you can see in that video? Wales on Wells, Angleo's...

Quote Originally Posted by IWB View Post
    How could I forget Peggy's Black & Tan? Isn't that where Goose85 took the lead on singing I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas in, shall we say, a very not white crowd?

I believe Talk of the Town was also on Wells.

Ardmore was still open - where the parking structure is now.

I also forgot Conway's.

What about the food places you can see in that video? Wales on Wells, Angleo's...

Nope, that was Lenny's Tap, and the bar after Lenny's named Still Friends. When I played softball for Lenny's Tap, we did have a fun game with a bunch of guys from Peggy's Black and Tan. Turned into a whole neighborhood event. A wild day for sure.

Real Chili and Amigos were a few from my day (and of course Real is still there).

Wells Street also had Kernan's which closed in 1980 (God bless Ma Kernan and her son Tommy, a ubiquitous Milwaukee bartending legend). Let us never forget Jim Hegarty's (a personal favorite when I needed to just sit down and put one together).
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Goo - correct, I forgot about "Still Friends".

Gato - Didn't Kernan's become Hegarty's extension and then that became O'D's?

Best part of that video is when they talk about the Mugrack and say, "During the day students can take a break between classes and enjoy a cold one with classmates."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast