Thread: Markus update

Markus update

Markus passed Wes Matthews, Tony Smith, Brian Wardle and Travis Diener yesterday to move into 6th place in Marquette points. 😯

Butch is coming up... soon!

1. Jerel McNeal 1985
    2. Lazar Hayward 1859
    3. George Thompson 1773
    4. Dominic James 1749
    5. Butch Lee 1735
    6. Markus Howard 1708

If Sam averagess 15 points a game the rest of his career, he’ll finish in the top 4 all time

If Markus comes back, I think he has an outside shot of being in the top 25 scorers all time for division I. Would need to get to 2600 total points.

Quote Originally Posted by shaquilvaine View Post
    If Markus comes back, I think he has an outside shot of being in the top 25 scorers all time for division I. Would need to get to 2600 total points.
    If he comes back, it will be more about Final 4 / NC potential and Hauser relationship and education than any scoring numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by shaquilvaine View Post
    If he comes back & stays healthy, he'll destroy Troy Bell's Big East record & has a legitimate shot at 3,000 points.

If he finished at 2,600 it would be a massive, cataclysmic level disappointment.

Is there anything to suggest that he won't be back? Most NBA mocks I've seen have him as a 2nd round pick, under the best of circumstances, so I would have to think another year would help rather than hurt him. I've always been curious about the possibility of a grad transfer if Markus wanted to get closer to home perhaps? Not trying to start anything at all but the young man did graduate early from high school. I think, if he spends 4 years @ MU, he will leave a legacy that might just be unmatched in MU history.

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    I've always been curious about the possibility of a grad transfer if Markus wanted to get closer to home perhaps? Not trying to start anything at all but the young man did graduate early from high school.
    This is a major reach. No program closer to home would give him the spotlight that next year's Marquette team would. Preseason top 10 if he returns.

If Markus leaves it'll be for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    This is a major reach. No program closer to home would give him the spotlight that next year's Marquette team would. Preseason top 10 if he returns.

If Markus leaves it'll be for the NBA.
    Yep. In any event, I don't think he could graduate this year as he has not attended any 1st summer sessions, so its doubtful he has enough credits?