Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butler Game Thread

I guess it's safe to say, we're pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I guess it's safe to say, we're pretty good!
    You'd never know it after reading through this thread. Wow.

I'm sure most of those posts were made early in the game when MU was struggling.

Bottom line, this is not the same team that lost to Indiana. The ball movement on offense, the defensive improvement - MU may not be a traditional top 10 caliber team but this team has improved to the point where they certainly deserve to be there!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Butler stats...

Maybe it’s just a sign about how bad Butler played, but I take it as a positive that we can still win by nearly 20 on the road while playing a sub-par game. 8 assists and 16 turnovers will not cut it against good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by AbovetheRim View Post
    You'd never know it after reading through this thread. Wow.
    Ah, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Maybe it’s just a sign about how bad Butler played, but I take it as a positive that we can still win by nearly 20 on the road while playing a sub-par game. 8 assists and 16 turnovers will not cut it against good teams.
    Why does 16 turnovers seem like about 30 with this team? Is it because we make very similar types of turnovers from game to game? I would have bet we had over 20 to's until Homer gave the totals in his post game stuff.

What is frustrating about so many of our TO’s is that some of them are just soft, lazy ill advised passes. You would think plays like that would get cleaned up.

Cut 6 of those TO’s out and that is another 6-7 points. Will be a big deal come tournament time.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    What is frustrating about so many of our TO’s is that some of them are just soft, lazy ill advised passes. You would think plays like that would get cleaned up.

Cut 6 of those TO’s out and that is another 6-7 points. Will be a big deal come tournament time.
    I posted a similar thought during the game. What concerns me are the soft passes. Seems correctable, but game in/game out we seem to continue with the lazy or soft passing. It could be the Achilles heal of this team and may be what hurts them most come tourney time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast