Thread: FoxconnConFoxconn job

FoxconnConFoxconn job

How hard was it for the executives of Foxconn to not laugh directly at the Bucks owners when the company was pitching naming rights for the new arena? Today's news really makes clear what the "con" in Foxconn represents.

Agree. Very happy to have Fiserv as the naming rights sponsor. They are also looking for a downtown location, and who knows, maybe next to the Fiserv Forum when the BC comes down.

Never trusted Foxconn, and couldn't understand why we as a state threw so much money at them.
    If they don't hit hiring targets they don't get tax breaks in full, but Racine and the state has already put almost $1 billion into the project, and that is just starting costs and have no employee counts tied to the infrastructure development.

The reports are changing today. Some could say it was fake news on Wednesday.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    The reports are changing today. Some could say it was fake news on Wednesday.
    What do you mean fake news? Either Woo said it or he didn't. So Woo didn't say they were considering changing what they plan to produce in Racine? Is the real news that they are going to be building the screens as originally planned and not hiring more R&D type jobs with more engineers? He could have misspoke, or provided the wrong impression, but that doesn't mean reporters made up the story and quotes leading it to be a fake news story.

I'm all for jobs, but Woo and the people at Foxconn are going to change their story about 10 times before they finish building the plant or facility in Racine. There is a reason Milwaukee and Kenosha didn't want the facility, and that may be part of the reason.

I do hope they hire the thousands of people within the next few years because we all want jobs, and to recoup the investment (although that is mostly Racine), but I wouldn't count on it happening. That industry is just way too fluid. Heck, the R&D jobs in the Reuters story may actually be more stable for the long term.

Sorry MU/Panther, the term fake news just drives me nuts.

Either way, happy to have the deep pockets of Fiserv tied to the Bucks!
    Last edited by Goose85; 01-31-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Well, I love the term! It's not an attempt to get under anyone skin. Just keeping it real. Seem like the Reuters news service was a bit off.
    That said, not sure why this is on a Bucks topic. I guess naming rights. Never thought that was going to happen.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 01-31-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    March Madness starts in November