Thread: MU vs Wisconsin Game Notes

MU vs Wisconsin Game Notes

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

To me, the key to the game for MU is Sacar Anim. If he plays well, we win. If not, its going to be tough. Anim has really played great during the last few games and I don't know whether or not the Badgers can match his quickness. It will be interesting to see who Sacar is guarding on the defensive end (Davidson?, Trice?). Also, he needs to relax at the FT line today, as do the rest of his teammates.

I have a feeling Gard puts Iverson on Sacar and Davisson on Sam.

Iverson is probably even quicker than Sacar, and he is definitely more explosive. He is also a very good on-ball defender.

That being said, last year Sacar had a good game against the Badgers on both ends of the floor. Overall, he outplayed Iverson.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Gard puts Iverson on Markus and Trice on Joe (when JC is in the game, probably about 25 minutes) or Sacar (when Joe is not in the game). If the defensive game plan is to contain Markus, that is a real possibility.

Anyway, for me the key to the game on offense is the combined play of our 5s. I hope Wojo's game plan is to pound the ball inside to Theo and Ed and force Happ to make play after play after play without fouling. If we can get two relatively early fouls (within the first 10 minutes) on Happ, that wlll force him to the bench. UW is a completely different team without Happ on the court.

And then in the second half, do the same. Possession after possession after possession pound the ball into the low post and try to get that early third foul.

Also, if/when Theo and Ed are on the bench due to their own foul issues, I'd put Joey in at the 5 and put him at the high post with orders to drive to the basket whenever he touches the ball.

If Happ is on the court 34-35 mpg, and if Trice remains scorching hot from behind the arc (presently at 60%) we don't win this game. The Badgers have a better inside (Happ) - outside (Trice) combination than any we will see the rest of the season.

I have to think Davisson will be on Markus and Iverson on Sacar. Madison may not want to waste a quick player on Sam. If Reuters is on Joey, I would really like that match up early on as well.

I think the key is of course the match up down low, but how are Markus and Sam shooting. They will get looks, the question is, will they make them.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    I have to think Davisson will be on Markus and Iverson on Sacar. Madison may not want to waste a quick player on Sam. If Reuters is on Joey, I would really like that match up early on as well.

I think the key is of course the match up down low, but how are Markus and Sam shooting. They will get looks, the question is, will they make them.
    Who would Trice guard if Iverson would be on Sacar?

Well there you go, guess that answers that. Iverson on Sam.